Another Military ticket question

Tracyvp

I just got some GREAT NEWS! I'm going on a Disney
We are going in December, staying at our DVC resort and taking friends (A family of 6; 2 parents and 4 adult "kids") who have never been.

Our friends' son is active military. I can't quite get clarity on how many tickets he is allowed to purchase. In one place it says that he or his spouse (he's not married) can purchase up to 6 for "family and friends."

But somewhere else it says that 50% of his party has to be "eligible" for the military tickets.

Can he purchase for his whole family (himself, his 2 parents and 3 siblings) or just for himself and one other person?

Our son is a DLR cast member so I believe we are covered, or at least can get a discount on our tickets, but for their family, 6 multi-day passes at regular prices is pretty much a deal breaker!

For the Military Salute ticket, your military son can purchase and activate a maximum of 6 tickets--1 ticket MUST be used by MILITARY MEMBER. He can not change ticket out to another person because identification (military id) may be required when entering the parks.

If he purchases other types of military discount ticket, I recommend looking at the website www.disneymilitarytips.com. As Military son is also a CM, he may be better off with a CM family & friends discount.

We are going in December, staying at our DVC resort and taking friends (A family of 6; 2 parents and 4 adult "kids") who have never been.

Our friends' son is active military. I can't quite get clarity on how many tickets he is allowed to purchase. In one place it says that he or his spouse (he's not married) can purchase up to 6 for "family and friends."

But somewhere else it says that 50% of his party has to be "eligible" for the military tickets.

Can he purchase for his whole family (himself, his 2 parents and 3 siblings) or just for himself and one other person?

Our son is a DLR cast member so I believe we are covered, or at least can get a discount on our tickets, but for their family, 6 multi-day passes at regular prices is pretty much a deal breaker!

Unless things have drastically changed and I'm unaware, your friend's son can buy up to 6 tickets including one for himself. He can even purchase these vouchers on base/post and activate them when he gets to WDW to make life easier.

He HAS to be there at activation. He can go by himself and exchange the vouchers for tickets, or he can go with everyone else and go straight into the park after, but either way they require him to show his military ID.

For the Military Salute ticket, your military son can purchase and activate a maximum of 6 tickets--1 ticket MUST be used by MILITARY MEMBER. He can not change ticket out to another person because identification (military id) may be required when entering the parks.

He shouldn't need his ID to get into the parks once the vouchers have been exchanged for tickets.

If he purchases other types of military discount ticket, I recommend looking at the website www.disneymilitarytips.com. As Military son is also a CM, he may be better off with a CM family & friends discount.

Thanks so much for the response! Just to clarify, it's not my son who's military. It's my friend's son. He wants to buy tix for his parents and siblings.

MY son is a CM at DLR. I assume he can get discount tickets for himself and his dad, sister and me.

Unless things have drastically changed and I'm unaware, your friend's son can buy up to 6 tickets including one for himself. He can even purchase these vouchers on base/post and activate them when he gets to WDW to make life easier.

He HAS to be there at activation. He can go by himself and exchange the vouchers for tickets, or he can go with everyone else and go straight into the park after, but either way they require him to show his military ID.

That is WONDERFUL news! It's going to be a stretch for this family to get all 6 of them to Florida from CA, so this is going to help make it do-able. We are covering their stay with our DVC points, but admission for a family of 6 is pretty astronomical!

One more question that I'm sure we could find the answer to elsewhere, but since you're so helpful.....Where does he have to go to exchange the vouchers for tickets?

That is WONDERFUL news! It's going to be a stretch for this family to get all 6 of them to Florida from CA, so this is going to help make it do-able. We are covering their stay with our DVC points, but admission for a family of 6 is pretty astronomical!

One more question that I'm sure we could find the answer to elsewhere, but since you're so helpful.....Where does he have to go to exchange the vouchers for tickets?

Any ticket window or guest services outside the parks.

Our favorite place to go to activate vouchers is DTD the night before our first park day. Makes for a relaxing evening, and an easier rope drop the next morning! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter