Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Hello to everyone! We are almost ready for the holiday, meaning there are only 100 things to be done instead of 1000! The tree is up and decorated and the 7yo is about out of his skin with excitement. Today was the last day of school for him, although they were off on Tuesday and Wednesday due to the big wind/rain storm we had on Monday. I still have 2 trees residing against the side of my house. The picture doesn't do it justice, but the height of the house where the trees are is a bit over 3 stories. The insurance company will cover from $1k-$20K to have them removed and deal with damages. I can't see much in the way of damage- a floodlight was pulled down on the deck and the downspout is all crooked- but won't know for sure until the trees are down. Lots of people are still without power and there are still huge trees across roads, but it's so much better than it was a few days ago!

On Saturday we are having my son-in-law's family for lunch, so there'll be 14 of us for a pasta bar. Christmas eve and day will just be the 5 of us, so hopefully pretty low-key. I am making pasta e fagioli and charcuterie for Christmas eve and DD is doing short ribs for Christmas dinner. Life will be relatively calm for the week between Christmas and New Years, and then DH and I will go to NOLA to visit my sister/BIL for 4 nights and then over to Orlando for 4 nights at Coronado Springs. Not sure there will be park tickets involved; I think we are just going to relax from the holidays and prep for spring semester.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

Attachments

• tree 1.jpg
    tree 1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 4

Great to see everyone here, Christmas and Holiday wishes for all.

Sorry to hear about those storm issues, @leebee. :hug:'s And hope your knee is still coming along well.
Thanks, Dan. Knee's coming along well. I didn't need any kind of scooter or cane when we were in Disney in November and there isn't much swelling at the end of the day anymore. The only real problem I have is going up/down stairs where there is still pulling and discomfort, but three weeks ago that felt more like tearing, so I consider this progress!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas (if you celebrate, of course) and a Happy New Year!

Thanks, Dan. Knee's coming along well. I didn't need any kind of scooter or cane when we were in Disney in November and there isn't much swelling at the end of the day anymore. The only real problem I have is going up/down stairs where there is still pulling and discomfort, but three weeks ago that felt more like tearing, so I consider this progress!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas (if you celebrate, of course) and a Happy New Year!
Good update, @leebee.

Although we all run into each other on other threads, I just wanted to give this one a "bump" and say Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful, peaceful, love-filled a holiday.
Thank youk, Leebee, we did. :grouphug: We've arrived home just now from a 1,000 mile round-trip to my hometown for Christmas. It wasn't our original plan but my elderly brother and sister were getting together and we were urged to go. It's just the three of us left now and with them both being so much older than me, with lives gone in separate directions, there weren't many years that we were actually all together for the holidays. It would have pleased our Mother :littleangel: immensely to see it, and that alone makes it all worthwhile.

I read your thread about the rusty nail. Yikes, but happy to hear it wasn't you this time and that your SIL will make a full recovery. :flower3:

Hi everyone! Yes, it's almost St. Patrick's day, which means Spring Break is almost over. DH and I had break at the same time for the first time in 20 years, so we went to Salem, MA for a few days. I grew up in the area, so it was nice to just bum around for a few days. We had dinner with my sister, cousin, and niece one evening, went to my high school class' 50th reunion planning lunch, and did a few "touristy" things. Mostly, we concentrated on having no set schedule, staying up as late as we wanted and sleeping in the next morning, and eating/drinking good things. It was a lovely break, although I'm not excited about classes starting again on Monday. Oh well, only 5 weeks of lab left- then check out week, finals week, and into that special he!! known as summer session, where we teach an entire YEAR of organic chemistry in eight weeks. Yup, it's special, but I'll be done for the summer by the end of June! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Hope everyone is healthy and happy!

Hi :wave2: - Nice to see this thread pop up again!

Things here are pretty much the same. Weather is warming up in fits and starts. We seem to have had lots of deer in the yard lately, but only DS has actually seen any.

Planning a trip soon, but it may or may not come off, so I don't want to jinx it with details.

:shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hello ALDIOans:wave: Nice to see everyone here. Just got back from a week at WDW, spring break with the grandkids. Got in late last night/early this morning, so a a very low key day lies ahead. There was a huge hail storm while we were gone, so I'll need to check the car that was parked in the drive, and I'm pretty sure there's some roof damage. Fortunately our car parked outdoors at the airport seems to have made it through ok--which is nice since it's only 3 weeks old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter