Another Laundry Etiquette Question

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never had to use a laundromat before! Always lived in a place with my own washer/dryer, or even on vacation we have always rented a house with one!

If we have 2 or 3 loads to do, if I were to go to the laundry room on a cruise and saw 2 or 3 washers open/empty, is it acceptable to tie up two or three of them with my own laundry? Or is that rude and should I only tie up one washer at a time?

;) I would be back, of course, on time to move them to the dryers when the washers were done!

Also, is there a seating area in the laundry area, if I wanted to just sit and read and wait?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never had to use a laundromat before! Always lived in a place with my own washer/dryer, or even on vacation we have always rented a house with one!

If we have 2 or 3 loads to do, if I were to go to the laundry room on a cruise and saw 2 or 3 washers open/empty, is it acceptable to tie up two or three of them with my own laundry? Or is that rude and should I only tie up one washer at a time?

;) I would be back, of course, on time to move them to the dryers when the washers were done!

Also, is there a seating area in the laundry area, if I wanted to just sit and read and wait?

I would say first come first served, if no one is using them you can use them.

Someone might not come for 45 minutes, then you have waisted time.

Now if there is already a queue that is something different.

Definitely acceptable to use 2 or 3 at the same time if there's no one using them. Just make sure to be there when the cycle ends to move your clothes so you aren't holding someone else up.

Use the machines that are open. There's no place to wait in comfort. Just set some sort of alarm and go back in good time.

I don't see why not, that way you are in and out and they are free again. I mean, if I saw someone coming down the hall behind me, I would save 1 of the 3 for them to get theirs started. So long as no one else is waiting, I don't see what the harm is.

How do you pay for the laundry? Do you swipe your Kttwc or do I need singles or change? Just want to make sure I am prepared

How do you pay for the laundry? Do you swipe your Kttwc or do I need singles or change? Just want to make sure I am prepared

Totally cashless. All done with your KTTW card. You can buy detergent and fabric softener from the vending machine with your card too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter