Another last minute question-backless booster

Mama Mouse

DIS Veteran
I understand that he cannot use it on the plane. No biggie. However, can we slip it into a bag and count it as a carryon piece?

If not, can we check it without a real bag? I'm a bit worried because I didn't realize I needed to get a special bag for checking it.

We're flying SWA, if that helps.

Can I ask, why are you bringing it along? Did you rent a car? Because you cannot use boosters on the Magical Express busses, nor any other Disney transportation.

You can bag it and carry it on the plane, as long as it is within the dimensions your airline has for carry-ons. It will probably have to go in the overhead compartment, so measure carefully.

We are not staying onsite so we're renting a vehicle.

I just checked and I do not have a bag big enough to slip the booster into. Can I carry it on without a bag? If not, I'm probably just going to have to bring a second checked bag for it.

the couple in front of me at curbside check-in had their kids' car seats in big black garbage bags - Skycap took them no problem.

I have flown several times with both my boys' backless boosters. They each carry them onto the plane themselves and we put them in the overhead bins as they are, no bag at all. This way we have them when we get off the plane and get our car. I've had luggage delayed before, so I never want to rely on my checked baggage for my boosters. If the luggage doesn't arrive, you're stuck renting from the car rental place and that is expensive.

We always slip our boosters (both sizes) in a carseat bag and check it with our luggage. Most airlines do not count carseats towards your luggage allowances, but SW does. You are allowed 2 bags pp, so I would continue to look for a bag, often I see them in large clear bag with a luggage tag on them. You can carry them on too. But if you check them with your luggage, then it's one less thing to carry throughout the airport.

I have flown several times with both my boys' backless boosters. They each carry them onto the plane themselves and we put them in the overhead bins as they are, no bag at all. This way we have them when we get off the plane and get our car. I've had luggage delayed before, so I never want to rely on my checked baggage for my boosters. If the luggage doesn't arrive, you're stuck renting from the car rental place and that is expensive.

We do the same thing. My boys each carry their own and we put them in the overhead compartment. never had a problem on SWA.

We picked up a car seat bag for about $20 and we can fit two backless boosters in it and a few more things too. We flew Air Tran the last two times and they did not count it as a checked bag that we had to pay for. Worked out great not to have to drag it through the airport and to have our own carseats for our rental vehicle. We're flying Southwest this time and I don't expect any issues with them either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter