Another ipad question - photos from camera

lisaross

DIS Veteran
How will I get photos from my cameras sd card onto my ipad? I am guessing I have to purchase the camera accessory kit - am I correct? Also if I want to make copies of photos on snapfish or similar, will it take it from my photos on ipad?

The easiest way is to use a computer to port the images over as PP said. We bought a 5 piece adapter kit from Groupon a little over a year ago and it was actually nice to have! I took photos from my digital camera and was able to upload them to the iPad with the adapter and share with family and friends. I don't think I'd pay full price for one, but it was worth the $10 or $15 we spent on it!

Ok so best to use a PC or laptop. Then I can just login to my iTunes account and copy the photos in

I use the camera adapter too. You can either connect your camera or insert the SD card into it. Works fantastic!

I used this exclusively on our honeymoon and it was a big timesaver and I didn't need to take my laptop with me.

To answer the second part of the question, I know Shutterfly has an app that I have used with success (just be aware that I couldn't make large prints of photos I took with the ipad, YMMV on a newer ipad, I just got my air and haven't taken pictures with it yet).

Shutterfly even has an app that lets you make photobooks from your ipad (separate from the regular shutterfly app). I assume that other photo printing companies would have similar.

We have the SD card reader for the ipad, got it at the Apple store. There is also one for the "newer" lightning plugs too.

LINK Costs just under $30.

The process couldn't be easier, and as a PP mentioned, allows you to "not" bring a laptop on a vacation. We uploaded our photos every day on our trip, and even if something would have happened to our camera and our ipad, the photos were in the cloud!

DD is going to Europe in January for school, with her brand new ipad mini, and we will be getting her the above card reader. I am a little bummed that with the change in the plugs, that she can't use the card readers we have for our ipad.

We have the SD card reader for the ipad, got it at the Apple store. There is also one for the "newer" lightning plugs too.

LINK Costs just under $30.

The process couldn't be easier, and as a PP mentioned, allows you to "not" bring a laptop on a vacation. We uploaded our photos every day on our trip, and even if something would have happened to our camera and our ipad, the photos were in the cloud!

DD is going to Europe in January for school, with her brand new ipad mini, and we will be getting her the above card reader. I am a little bummed that with the change in the plugs, that she can't use the card readers we have for our ipad.

This. Works like a charm! Simple... I use it on vaca all the time-- frees up space on loaded memory cards if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter