Another halfboard question!

ShinyHappyGirl

Earning My Ears
Hi

I have read through lots of threads on buying HB vouchers, but I didn't find one (yet!) that answers this question, so apologies if this has been asked before...

We were thinking about buying the "HalfBoard Plus" vouchers (we're planning on staying in the Sequoia Lodge). I see lots of people saying they didn't buy HB vouchers because they were "too restrictive". In what way are they restrictive? The only restriction I can see is that you can't eat at counter service restaurants with them (but we like our food so we would probably like a table service meal in the evenings). And the only other restriction I can see is that they don't work in all restaurants (i.e. the more expensive ones). But if the vouchers are taken at face value as part payment in the more expensive restaurants, then there's nothing stopping you eating there, as your meal will cost the same either way (and you've paid some of the money in advance so it hurts less on the day :) ). Is that right?? Or am I missing something? If I interpret it like this I can't see any downside, which is why I think I'm missing something :)

Thanks

S

i think people are talking about the menu choices. mostly is a steak and a pasta and one or two other choices depending on the restaraunt.

The main reason that people would say that they are restrictive is that you can use them against set menu's in each of the restuarants.

For example if you used a HB standard voucher in Annettes Diner you get an Annette's Favorate's Menu (burger, drink and brownie) and also a starter. Many people either don't ask or don't know that you can use them at face value against the a-la-carte menu.

I also think that a few people have not been allowed to use the vouchers at face value in a more expensive restuarant. For example not allowed to use a HB standard voucher in Walt's and pay the extra.

Personally I've had no problems with buying the vouchers as I know where I want to eat and buy the vouchers that reflect that. If you are worried then you can either add them last minute (3 days before hand I think) or plan to eat at buffet restuarants with your HB vouchers instead where everyone should be able to find something that they like.

Well, I have to say we bought HB plus in April when we were at NBC and they were excellent.

They covered our meals in Walts, Rendevous des stars and Lucky Nuggett (although I would never return to LN its was awful) and we definitley saved money.

We had HB Premium in May when we stayed at DL and once again, we found them to be excellent.
We used them in Walts (twice) Auberge and Inventions for full value and face value at RDS, Cafe Mickey and Lucky Nuggett (hmmm... thought we'd give LN a second chance but its just as bad if not worse than the first time!) with enough left over for Plaza Gardens lunch on last day at Face Value. Ok so we did a little creative accounting but it worked very well ;)

I can highly reccomend them and would buy them again without hesitation as it made budgeting much easier and we felt we got value for money. Everything we ate with the exception of LN was excellent.

I can understand that for the higher priced restaurants like Cafe Mickey and Walts if you use them for full value yes you are restricted, but theres nothing to stop you using them at face value and paying just a little extra to get what you want- you are on holiday after all :)

Good luck- you'll have a great time :thumbsup2

We used them in July for the first time and would not hesitate to buy them again. It was fabulous knowing our meals were sometimes totally paid for and other times (Walts, Inventions) we only had to add to it. Don't think we ever ate off the half board menu, we asked our waitress before we ordered if we could use our vouchers at face value and didn't have any problems at all. In Walts they automatically gave us the half board menu but they happily changed it when I mentioned we wanted to choose off the full menu.

Aha, it's a set menu vs a-la-carte issue, Doh! I should have realised that :). Makes much more sense now, but good to know it needn't be a restriction if I want to just use the vouchers as part-payment.

Btw, I guess that means the 15% discount they talk about means the set menu is 15% cheaper if pre-paid? But there's no way of saving money when eating a-la-carte?

Thanks

S

Im glad this thread is here, ive got HB plus in Dec. we are staying at NPB.

but im just so confused (sorry to op im a complete newbie to HB vouchers:scared1:) i didnt want to start another thread for HB:).......What do they vouchers actually looks like, do they have a value on them? i completely do not know how they work!

What do they vouchers actually looks like, do they have a value on them?

Ticket_2009_HalfBoard_01_01.jpg

They look like this other than on the left hand side - where the white is on this picture is your details (name, booking number etc)

They have the value on them just underneath the list of restuarants they can be used at...standard is 24E.

Thank you:)

So it is right that i can choose anything off the menu if need be? and pay the rest to it?

Unless you are trying to do abudget trip and thus only eat at counter service restaurants i see no reason not to buy the half board vouchers as they are fantastic value can be used in so many restaurants. I certainly wouldn't go back without buying them they are fab!

Ro

If you are buying them to purely use at face value, thinking youll save 15% as per disney adverts, I worked it out with todays exchange rate it doesnt save you a penny. You only savbe 15% against the set menus on the half board menus

Thank you:)

So it is right that i can choose anything off the menu if need be? and pay the rest to it?

Yes that's exactly what we did (apart from the buffets), we paid extra at Walts and Inventions, all the other places during our 10 day stay the vouchers covered us for.
Best thing we've ever done!

Hi,

Try typing 'Euro disney half board vouchers' into google. The first link will take you to a brochure with the different rates and restaurants you can use them in. Hope this helps. :)

Can I ask a question tho'.......Do you know how you buy the vouchers? We really fancy Rendez-Vous des Stars and have already booked our disney visit, can we still buy the half board vouchers? :confused3

Thanks Xx

Hi,

Try typing 'Euro disney half board vouchers' into google. The first link will take you to a brochure with the different rates and restaurants you can use them in. Hope this helps. :)

Can I ask a question tho'.......Do you know how you buy the vouchers? We really fancy Rendez-Vous des Stars and have already booked our disney visit, can we still buy the half board vouchers? :confused3

Thanks Xx

you can ring up and order them and pay for them , i think until at least 2 days before you go on your trip

vouchers must be purchased for each night of your stay

:cool1:

Sorry to ask questions on your thread, but I am thinking of buying this and I don't understand it at all! Can you use the vouchers in any restaurant?

Thanks!

you can ring up and order them and pay for them , i think until at least 2 days before you go on your trip

vouchers must be purchased for each night of your stay

:cool1:

Thank you ever so much! we are going to discuss it a bit more before we buy them. Bit of a pain that you cant just buy them for one night!!!:sad2:
Thanks again! :upsidedow

If you can bear with me, could you tell me if this right?

If I buy halfboard (standard) vouchers, for a 2 night stay, we could, for instance, eat from the halfboard menu in annettes the first night (or use the face value to pay for a 'normal meal') and on the second night eat at Cafe Mickey, using the value of the vouchers towards the meal, paying the difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter