• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another free dining question!!!

DizGurl4

Earning My Ears
I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked before but I cannot find the answer.I have been trying to make reservations for Fort Wilderness Cabins 12/21- 12/29 with the free dining. When I put in these dates it is unavailable, however if I put in 12/21-01/02 it is available.My question is if I made the reservation for 12/21-01/02 could I go back in and cancel the last couple of days without losing the free dining? (Would love to do the 13 days but my wallet says no!!)

Last edited:
No. It would be considered a new booking, and the dates you want to swap to would have to be available as a separate reservation...which you already know it isn't.

No. It would be considered a new booking, and the dates you want to swap to would have to be available as a separate reservation...which you already know it isn't.
Thank you DisBuckMan. I thought that was the case. Seems silly they will let us have free dining for 13 nights but not 9 nights, but I guess that's how it works. Will just keep checking each day!!

Thank you DisBuckMan. I thought that was the case. Seems silly they will let us have free dining for 13 nights but not 9 nights, but I guess that's how it works. Will just keep checking each day!!

Disney does that in order to fill the rooms for more nights. If they allowed you to book 9 nights, then they would have a vacant room for 4 nights thats much more difficult to fill as more people book a 5-10 night stay.

Disney does that in order to fill the rooms for more nights. If they allowed you to book 9 nights, then they would have a vacant room for 4 nights thats much more difficult to fill as more people book a 5-10 night stay.
I forgot to mention that I can get the Cabin for 6 nights or 13 nights but not 9!!! It's fine I just was trying to figure best way to do it! Will probably do the six and then have a different reservation for the other 3 nights!!

I forgot to mention that I can get the Cabin for 6 nights or 13 nights but not 9!!! It's fine I just was trying to figure best way to do it! Will probably do the six and then have a different reservation for the other 3 nights!!

I’ve heard of people who have had this problem book the lesser number of days and then being able to modify it adding one night at a time. I don’t have personal experience.

I had a similar situation last year for FD. What ended up happening is that normal reservations agent couldn't take off extra nights. I asked to speak to customer service manager. She was able to take off extra nights and keep FD. Don't be shy about asking for next level managers.

Agree with PP, it never hurts to call and ask. It can be a pain to call in but the CM (or their supervisor) might be able to work with you on this. They worked with me in a similar situation with their Play, Stay, and Dine promotion.

I didn't have free dining, but I had a week's stay in one resort that I wanted to change to a split stay. So I made the reservation for the first part of the trip at another resort, and was not able to modify the 7 day reservation into being for just the last 4 days. I called customer service and asked for a reason, and the woman on the phone contacted guest services to get them to allow me to keep the same room type for the days I wanted. Try calling. Maybe they could help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter