Another FedEx package from DVC!

tink2020

Suddenly Tagless!
To my surprise, I received a small box via FedEx today from DVC. I remember reading about postcards I should be receiving soon, but they are gorgeous! They also came in beautiful packaging :goodvibes

To my even bigger surprise, I don't see the package mentioned elsewhere on the boards yet! Did I get it towards the beginning of the shipment?! If so, after the whole planner/glicee saga and not receiving mine until VERY recently, I completely give up on rationalizing their method of sending things out! :rotfl:

16 beautiful postcards to "send to friends and family while travling with DVC" to share with them the endless possibilities, etc. There are 2 postcards each from DCL, Africa, San Fransisco, London, NYC, Venice, Hawaii and WDW. I'm pretty sure I won't be sending them from all those locations any time soon ;) , but they're all beautiful! ETA: They each have little quotes on the back, such as "experience a world where dreams come true", and then the dvcfriends.com website listed, used for referring friends. It's just a cute marketing strategy, where you could send them out from home as simply a statement of places one could go if they were to purchase DVC.

Equally as interesting to me is the box they came in. :rolleyes: It's kind of a heavier material that opens on one side (as in a flap, instead of a removable 'lid) with beautiful blue "dreams..." decor, and a well-loved quote from Cinderella. Once you remove the postcards and the plastic holder they are in, it's a really cute little keepsake-type box. One of those things I'm sure will get immediately thrown away in some homes, and eventually thrown away in mine... but fun to receive, nonetheless :goodvibes

i got mine today too!! i was so excited when i got home to see a fed ex box from dvc. i thought maybe it was a winning dvc ownership to the bcv. :rotfl2: but i was wrong!! :guilty: lol, but the box was gorgeous and i loved the postcards. i thought getting the glicee was nice, so this was an added bonus!

I got mine today, too. I was thinking, "You're kidding! They sent my dd's lost water bottle bag FedEx?? That's ridiculous." Then I realized what it was. The lost/found water bottle bag arrived today as well, but not via regular mail.

Got mine today too! They are very nice. Wish I had had them a few weeks ago. Then I would not have had to spend almost $20 on postcards! :thumbsup2

In the UK, some of us received them last Saturday, 21st, by regular post not Fed-Ex. An amazing amount of packaging though - just wish I could think of a good use for the box :confused3

DISNEYDUET said:
Got mine today too! They are very nice. Wish I had had them a few weeks ago. Then I would not have had to spend almost $20 on postcards! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: great idea - thanks!! I just got mine yesterday and I leave for SSR this coming Sunday so now I can mail them out to friends and family! the box is very nice ...I'm thinking of buying Disney Xmas decorations as gifts and maybe I can use the box to gift wrap one of those...... :thumbsup2

I received mine yesturday!! I had no idea this was coming!! The post cards are so nice. :thumbsup2

We just got ours as well. I got all excited thinking it was the new planning DVD, but no, postcards. Oh well, they are nice though.

Got ours yesterday. I like the box to keep to use for other stuff. The postcards are pretty and I'll probably send the ones from WDW, but I'm not sure I'll use the ones from the other places. Unless I'm AT that place, I doubt I'd send a postcard to anyone from the place. (If that makes any sense...)

Inkmahm said:
Got ours yesterday. I like the box to keep to use for other stuff. The postcards are pretty and I'll probably send the ones from WDW, but I'm not sure I'll use the ones from the other places. Unless I'm AT that place, I doubt I'd send a postcard to anyone from the place. (If that makes any sense...)
Makes sense to me :goodvibes

I got mine today also :thumbsup2

ryanmilla said:
We just got ours as well. I got all excited thinking it was the new planning DVD, but no, postcards. Oh well, they are nice though.

Is there a new DVC planning DVD? I have been waiting on my WDW one and also thought this package might be it, but then I realized it was from DVC instead of the parks. Please, I must know if there are more I can add to my collection of Disney-Fix DVDs... drives my husband nuts! :rotfl:

I just returned home last night and also had this package waiting for me too.

Such a beautiful package! If I hadn't known what to expect from reading posts from people who had already received it, I'd have thought it contained a little pin set or something. I'm glad I knew what to expect or I'd have been a little disappointed.

We got ours yesterday. While I appreciate the thought, I think they've gone a bit overboard this time. :crazy: I kept opening things, removing wrappers, etc., looking for what must be a wonderful gift to have all this elaborate packaging. Only to find . . . postcards?!?!? :confused3 They even sent this Fed Ex 2nd day express. I'm curious what their total cost is for materials and shipping?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter