Another ebay rant--UPDATE post 21 (pg. 2)

Well, here it is Saturday, and nothing. Here's the message I got from the seller on Wednesday (some personal info. has been edited out):

the item was shipped yesterday.. i honestly have not been able to do anything on ebay. my mother also sales items on my account.. i have been dealing the flooded basement.. all the ebay items i had were on a table in the basement. the boxes i had to ship things in were soaked and couldnt be used. thats why i had to find other boxes. i was not trying to be inconsiderate, i just moved into this house a couple of months ago and had no idea the basement flooded like this. i had to use 3 lg wet/dry vacs and friends to help.. i had things in the basement that were ruined.. again i'm not trying to give you excuses, i just want to let you know why i didnt think to email you.. i apologize and i hate that you feel you need to leave me bad feedback, but all i can do is apologize. what i sold the item for was not much and i just cant afford to refund.. i hope you like it and the usps says you should have it by sat at the latest... thanks for your purchase and hopefully your understanding.

So, I e-mailed her today and told her it still isn't here. She replied:

the usps said 4 days. when it arrives please put on it return to sender and dont accept it. as soon as i get it back i will refund you the price and shipping charges.

I'm kind of hesitant to send it back (if it ever gets here). I needed it 10 days ago, and now it is pretty worthless to me, but why should I trust that she'll refund my money? I could be left without the item or the money. What do you guys think?

Just a note..I have auctions all made up and ready to go in three weeks. I use vendio.com, and I can put stuff up three weeks in advance. This morning I had some extra time, so I got some stuff ready. So if something happens to me in three weeks, I might not remember I did that, (hmm..if I suddenly stop posting, will one of you let my husband know I have stuff ready to go up..I guess I should show him how to stop them LOL?) and I guess people could say the same about me. That said, when I get excuses, I too go and look to see if they are listing and bidding. The bidding tells me they are prob on their computer, unless they set up a bid for the last minute.

I do a search with the persons ebay name. Upper right hand corner of any ebay page..click on advanced search, click on bidder, and put in the eBay name. A page of all the things that person is currently bidding on (or you can click it to show last 30 days), will show up.

ceecee said:
WOW....I never knew that feature was there! Thanks!

I'm guessing some sellers that use excuses (being out of town or too sick to ship items) don't know about this feature, either. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter