• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another dreaded stroller thread

This is what it all comes down to. Who are these people so busy not having fun that they have all this time to judge folks? OP, do what works for you and your family.

I wouldn't worry about what any thinks.....do what is best for your family :) we are a family of 5- DD14, DD12, DD5 (turns 6 on December 19) I am considering renting one for him too...that way when his older sisters want to stay in the parks till closing, he can sleep in the stroller if needed! He hasn't been in one for a while....when I asked him if he wanted one so that he could rest when his legs were tired from walking all day....he said YES, PLEASE,

OP, I completely agree with the others. My youngest two children are 5 and 6 and have no special needs, and I am considering renting a double stroller for them when we go to DL in March. When we went to WDW and Universal over the summer, they (then 4 and 5) had to fight their 9 year old sister for space on the sit and stand (which, lesson learned--never again with children that size. Ouch).
Here are the rental rates through City Strollers, if anyone else, like me, was having a hard time finding them. :)
http://www.citystrollerrentals.com/Disneyland-Stroller-Rentals.html

I have a 5 and 6 yr old and I will def be using City Strollers for our trip in July just because I know after walking all day they won't be able to keep up and my DD5 is lazy so she will walk about 10 mins and be done :rotfl: also it makes it soo much easier to carry stuff you can put jackets and stuff in there for the evenings when it starts getting chilly and the snacks and drinks for the day

This is where I am stuck? Who has time to care what other parents do, I have DL trips to plan! Ha ha ha!!)

Well here's my opinion - if someone ask for an opinion and is given one that they didn't want (ie only looking for YES answers) they think they are being judged.

I am one of those who think stroller use at Disneyland is over done (8 or 10 year olds, in general, do not need to be in strollers). But I also try to remember, that I do not know WHY the parent choose to put the child in a stroller.

I am also sure people looked at me when my I had my 3yo on a leash her first trip. She wouldn't use a stroller, because she was too independent (still is at 20yo).

Get the stroller. Love City strollers on our last trip.

I will be getting double stroller from city strollers on my next trip. My boys will 7 & 8 at time of trip.

My boys have 'needs' (one sensory and one physical) that really warrants a stroller for us and I expect some people to look at us judgingly because on the surface my boys look perfect. I am OK with that. I am the parent, I get to make the decision.

I think these vacations are exhausting as an adult. I can only imagine what little legs feel like.

Kim

Just made my reservation with City Stroller Rental for our upcoming trip. My son may not ever get in the darn thing, but at least we can put our coats in it between rides.

City Stroller ROCKS! So easy~ as far as the Mini goes- the owner at City Stroller will give you an honest opinion on fit. And I had no problem having my 5 year old in a stroller- this way I could move at the speed of an adult and the canopy acted as a "Blinder" ~ lol~ he couldn't see all the things for sale in the windows.

I generally had him walking during the day then grabbed the stroller after our afternoon break.

And really~ would you want to carry a 55lb kid back to the hotel at the end of the night? um... no thanks. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter