Another DLP Question Serquioa Lodge

Wexford

Earning My Ears
One for all you DLP experts out there.

Im off on Saturday for a five day break:bounce: :bounce:

We are staying at the Sequiao Lodge , just wondering if they have tea and coffee facilities in the room there, or should i take my travel kettle to be on the safe side.

Also on a prevoius thread some one mentioned about pre booking your breakfast time.I didnt know anything about this, we have a character breakfast booked for monday morning but would we still need to book our other days for the normal breakfast??

Could we book to take our breakfast in the parks??

Oh and one final thing can anyone recommend some good places to eat. There will be me my sis in law and my 7 year old niece.

Thanksyou

Love Tracey

You do not have to book for breakfast at the Sequoia Lodge, but it does get very busy at certain times (eg 8-9am) so you might find it helpful to reserve a time for breakfast. This is the best way of avoiding queueing for a table first thing in the morning. Reservations for breakfast can be made at the concierge desk in the main lobby of the hotel. We normally make a reservation as soon as we checkin for each day we are staying, not just for the following day. You will be given a credit card sized plastic slip with a time slot printed on it, which you hand in to the restaurant when you are seated for breakfast. Tea and coffee facilities are not available as standard in the SL rooms, but I think's it might be possible to request a coffee maker at reception. If you can't live without tea, taking your portable water boiler might be a good insurance policy.

It is possible to take breakfast in the park (a couple of places in fantasyland open up early) but I'm not sure if this service runs all year round. Best to ask the CM when you checkin at the Sequoia.

As for places to eat, I like both the restaurants in the Sequoia Lodge (Beaver's Creek Tavern and Hunter's Grill). The Blue Lagoon or Walt's are great for a blow-out full service experience in the park, while the California Grill in the Disneyland Hotel has been described by some as the best Disney restaurant anywhere. For regular eating I like Annette's Diner in Disney Village - it's only a few minutes walk from both Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios, and can be a good way to escape the crowds.

Regards

Rob

Walts is a lovely restaurant, and as well as the full menu, they also offer a cheaper lunch menu which we tried. We got to eat in the nice restaurant, without paying the high prices! Gotta love that.

We got a kettle from reception, I think we had to leave a £10 deposit, but there was no charge. You could buy a small box of tea / coffee and biscuits for around £2/£3 but there wasn't much in it, I would pack your own tea/coffee and biscuits.

Bev

As Bev says, no facilites in our room for making tea/coffee at the Sequoia or at Newport Bay - I didn't know you could get a kettle from the desk though! I'll remember that for next time!! Well worth it then you don't need an adaptor too!
I certainly recommend going straight to concierge after check-in to book all your breakfasts - we sailed past the long line of people waiting to go in who hadn't pre-booked.
When we stayed at the Sequoia in 2000, we were able to book breakfast in the park on arrival BUT last year at the Newport Bay, we were told that they had changed the system and it needed to have been booked in advance of our arrival through our travel agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter