Another Disney proposal.. Needing help! Resort delivery?

richp123

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Firstly thank you for any help/advice you may have! I'm new to the forum and will be so grateful for any advice.

I'm planning on proposing during our vacation in March 2016. We're staying in POFQ for 4 nights, then a princess room in Riverside for a couple of nights before enjoying a 3 night cruise aboard the Magic.

I've made breakfast reservations for CRT at 8.05, and given the park opens at 9 I'm hoping to pop the question in front of the castle so that we get it on camera from a Photopass attendant. My girlfriend will obviously know we have dining reservations but I'm not planning on telling her where!

I was hoping that I'd be able to get something sent to our room whilst we are out at the park, so that it's ready for us on our return. I'm aware of Disney Floral and Gifts, and I'm tempted to get something from there, but the main idea I have is to get a hand drawn sketch from one of the Art of Disney stores sent to the room(probably of Mickey and Minnie, whilst ideally it would be of the castle I'm not sure this is an option), with our names and the date of our engagement (hopefully!) included on the sketch. Do you know if this is at all possible, and if so who I should contact? I tried emailing Floral and Gifts but they said they wouldn't be able to do it...

If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them! I have so many different ideas going through my head and just want it to be perfect! Preferably not in front of too many people as neither of us would want that- hence getting in before the crowds arrive!

Other thoughts I have to make the trip extra special are having a cake delivered with our evening meal (Be Our Guest that evening), going up in the balloon looking over Disney Springs, possibly taking a horse and carriage ride at the resort and having flowers delivered to our stateroom on the cruise...but as I say if you have any other ideas to make our trip that extra memorable I'd love to hear them.

Sorry to ramble on! Would love to know if you think the artist sketch idea would be possible and any other thoughts you have, and your opinions on my idea!

Thank you!!! :)

Disney Floral & Gifts is really the only department authorized to bring stuff to your room that way, except for Private Dining, but there's no Private Dining at your resort. You could try calling Merchandise Guest Services, but I don't believe they're on property or have access to runners who can deliver to the rooms.

877-560-6477
Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com

Your best bet might be one of the independent room-decorating services like Gifts of a Lifetime. Not sure if they'll just deliver just one thing or if they require you to get a whole decoration package, but it's a start...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter