Another Disney Cast Member dies

Whats with the disney deaths lately? even though the one you posted could of happend on a movie set or anywhere stuntmen are ued

Sad

How tragic. My heart goes out to his loved ones and his co-workers in dealing with this tragedy.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of Anislav Varbanov.

This is really very sad. His family and friends, whomever they may be, are in my prayers.

What the H*** is going on down there? Does anyone think any of this is possibly due to the number of cuts they had in the parks where now they are rushing to train newer cast members and possibly all the previous safety precautions are not in place.

Prays to this castmembers family

This is so sad!!! My heart goes out to his friends and family. This is getting a little scary!

What the H*** is going on down there? Does anyone think any of this is possibly due to the number of cuts they had in the parks where now they are rushing to train newer cast members and possibly all the previous safety precautions are not in place.

Prays to this castmembers family

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. When corners are cut in business, things fall through the cracks.

And when you're dealing with an operation that is as huge and as in-depth as Walt Disney World, and with the nature of many of the jobs the performers and operators have, accidents are going to happen. Fewer checks and balances to ensure everything is done correctly - then double checked to ensure EVERYTHING is done correctly. Things are easier to miss when there's fewer eyes to see them.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. When corners are cut in business, things fall through the cracks.

And when you're dealing with an operation that is as huge and as in-depth as Walt Disney World, and with the nature of many of the jobs the performers and operators have, accidents are going to happen. Fewer checks and balances to ensure everything is done correctly - then double checked to ensure EVERYTHING is done correctly. Things are easier to miss when there's fewer eyes to see them.

While the theory of cuts may be to blame for all the deaths, keep in mind that the vast majority of the cuts that were made in the last round of layoffs were middle management and not front line cast members.

Possibly the remaining managers are not performing their tasks of making sure all the safety procedures are being followed but I don't believe that to be the case. I have friends that are cast members and they tell me that everyone is thoroughly committed to their jobs. But then again, it only takes a few bad (disgruntled) managers to spoil it for everyone.

wow, that is terrible. I don't know that the cuts are necessarily tied in this case, as a stunt man, they risk their lives each day performing dangerous stunts. If equipment was involved or he didn't have the personnel support around while performing, maybe. but iIt sounds like he was injured doing a simple acrobatic move with no equipment or other people involved. It sounds like a horrible accident. Same with the cast member at the pirates attraction who perished. Both horrible accidents. I still have been thinking about the poor CM at Pirates and how random and tragic his situation was too.

It definitely draws eyes closer though to WDW, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. At least maybe mgmt will try and keep a closer eye on CM and guest safety overall with all this bad press, whether these tragedies had anything to do with overall safety neglect, budget cuts or not.

My heart goes out to his family and coworkers. Simply awful.

This is so sad and my heart goes out to the family and CMs.

This doesn't have to be a safety issue. I am not going to speculate about what happened, but I used to work in a neuro unit and you can break your neck from tripping on a rug. We think we are invincible, but human life is pretty fragile when it comes right down to it. Accidents do happen and sometimes simple things can result in a bad outcome. Off to go hug my family!

This is very sad. I am wondering if it is just the odds catching up to WDW, or is part of it due to cuts that have been made slowly over the years or both. One sounds like sloppiness was slipping into everyday work, 2 could be just bad luck. CM's just could be doing more and more than they should. Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter