Another critique my reservations question

eyeontheball

Earning My Ears
Hi, Travelling to WDW for the first time with my DH, DD6, and DD3 (turning 3 on the trip). We have the FD and I don't want to pay OOP for other meals so I need to cancel a few. Help me decide which reservations to keep:
Friday (arrival day) QS MK
Saturday AK 11:00 Tusker House
6:15 Hoop Dee Do Review (just booked this but reviews look good!)
Sunday 11:00 Chef Mickeys (Daughter's Bday)
MNSSHP
Monday Epcot 9:30 Askerhus
5:30 Ohana
Tuesday HS 10:00 Hollywood and Vine
6:00 50's Prime Time
Wed MK 8:05 Crystal Palace
12:30 BOG
I'm leaning towards cancelling Tusker House, H & V, and 50's Prime Time but I'm open for suggestions.
Thanks!

I would keep Tusker House! We love it, only place we get to see Daisy.

I would cancel the meals at DHS unless your DD loves Disney Jr.
Others would disagree but I don't like any sit down places really at DHS, and it's a good park to wander and just find something.

Wed at MK, those meals would be too close together for me and my family to enjoy the food.

Last edited:
Keep Tusker House that would be a great first meal, we love it. Lose prime time, you are unlikely to,last all day in HS. Do OOP for HDDR if you can.

How many nights are you staying so we know how many TS meals you get free. And what are planning to do with your CS meals because you only list 1

We always eat at 50's Prime Time. Great fried chicken and good desserts. I would also keep Tusker House.

Thanks for the responses. We are staying 6 nights. I think my girls would like the character dining (which is why we are kind of heavy on that). But I don't know if I want every TS meal that way. They do like Disney Jr but I was thinking about doing the Disney Jr Live on Stage and maybe character meet and greets instead of H & V. Are there any characters at H & V that we wouldn't be able to see another way? Thanks!
And I actually don't have our QS meals worked out yet (besides BOG). I'm open for suggestions!

I would lose Hoop De Doo and 50s...I don't think the dinner shows are worth the credits (but I know a lot of people love them) and 50's as I think of the ones you have that would be the least entertaining for the kids. Othewise, all of them are ones we are doing in December (except Hoop ... we've never done a dinner show so maybe we're missing out???)...

So we need to pare this down to 6 TS meals. I love HDD (but mostly for the all you can drink sangria!) Its a great show but with your kids' ages, one I think you could safely skip for now. And I would cancel H & V - have never had a decent meal there. I also agree that Crystal Palace and BOG are too close. Could you possibly move Crystal Palace to your arrival day? Depending on your eating habits, you could easily get 2 QS meals each day for everyone out of your 4 per day QS credits. Many of the offerings are huge and could be split between an adult and a child especially now since you are not required to get child's meals with your child's credit and can sub the desserts for a side or another drink. For example, my adult DD and I regularly split the bounty platter breakfast offering at pretty much every resort QS location - eggs, hash browns, pancakes or waffles - bacon - sausage - biscuit - plenty for 2! The same holds true for lunch at many QS locations. So you could use 2 QS credits each for 2 meals and then use all 4 TS credits for 1 sit down meal - plenty of food. Plus you still have snack credits.

One of the main reasons I booked Crystal Palace was because of getting in the park before opening (right now it's scheduled to open at 9). And my girls do like Winnie the Pooh. So is that not really an advantage? Definitely don't want to change BOG.

As much as I like HDDR, I think the easiest thing is to cancel it plus one other on a day you have 2 ADRs. I'd probably choose to drop H&V.

I agree that BOG is too close to your breakfast. I doubt anyone will be hungry. Maybe keep an eye out for a later ADR?

One of the main reasons I booked Crystal Palace was because of getting in the park before opening (right now it's scheduled to open at 9). And my girls do like Winnie the Pooh. So is that not really an advantage? Definitely don't want to change BOG.

Yes, it can be an advantage especially if your kids are early risers (thank God mine were not!!). I'm told you can get a lot done by arriving early :-). And I understand how hard BOG is to get. If I were you, I'd continue to try for a later time for BOG. If not possible, then just be aware it'll probably be a throw away meal. But it is a QS meal so if you follow my previous advice about sharing, you won't lose too much value.

Tusker House is our favorite - I would keep it. CP and BOG may be too close together, but those time frames worked well for us. Everyone is different. I think they're both worth doing.

Only critique I have would be your 9:30 Akershus. That's prime time in the morning to do the rides in Future World. Unless the rides in Future World are of no interest to you, I would try to either move up or push back Akershus.

Like others mentioned, HDDR is great, a classic Disney dinner show, but is it worth 2 dining credits with a 3yo? If you are trying to cut out some ADRs, I would probably cancel that one, do it on a future trip. I think your CP and BOG times are fine, we almost always do a CP pre-park opening (note that MK park opening on 9am day is closer to 8:45am), and by the time you get your food at BOG it might be close to 1pm. Your two ADRs at HS sort of implies that you're going to be at HS all day, which is tough to do nowadays, I would cancel one of those. Never eaten at H&V because of bad reviews. 50sPTC used to be a favorite of ours, but service and quality were off on our last visit.

And I actually don't have our QS meals worked out yet (besides BOG). I'm open for suggestions!

MK: Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio's Village Haus
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
AK: Flame Tree BBQ

I'd keep Tusker House and Crystal Palace - these are 2 of my DD's favorites - she turns 4 on Friday. Crystal Palace is very filling though, so I agree, I'd keep an eye out for later BOG or even BOG early dinner (another of DD's favorites, though she gets all shy when meeting the Beast).

I second Lucius's QS suggestions!

In the OP's original post, she indicated not wanting to pay for extra meals

In the OP's original post, she indicated not wanting to pay for extra meals
Not sure if it was a comment in general or response to my post directly above yours.
This is why I said we love it BUT pay, the OP can decide if it is worth it for them to use 2 credits. And you never know with suggestions the OP may decide to keep and pay for one after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter