Another Car rental glitch-Now Fixed!!

In my opinion 5 of you in a small car is not suitable to be comfortable. For the difference in price go for full size, or at least intermediate, the extra cost on the Expedia deal is minimal.

LDW is included in the rate with Expedia.

Sorry can't help with hold on card, car rentals and hotels sometimes put a hold on but not something I have looked into.

In my opinion 5 of you in a small car is not suitable to be comfortable. For the difference in price go for full size, or at least intermediate, the extra cost on the Expedia deal is minimal.

LDW is included in the rate with Expedia.

Sorry can't help with hold on card, car rentals and hotels sometimes put a hold on but not something I have looked into.

Thanks Wayne, do you have a link to where it says LDW included. Can't find it in their T&C. Thanks again. Appreciate your advice. :thumbsup2

Do a dummy booking select the car you want to rent then under 1 Review car details click on More location info
Scroll up and you will find
General Insurance Conditions
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
Included in the rate.

Can anybody tell me if this Expedia deal has all the insurances included that you need in the states (fully inclusive), I've already booked with Hertz and to cancel the booking its only £30 so a big saving to be had and a better car.

And 10% via Quidco covers the cancelation charge.

Thanks

Pete

Can anybody tell me if this Expedia deal has all the insurances included that you need in the states (fully inclusive), I've already booked with Hertz and to cancel the booking its only £30 so a big saving to be had and a better car.

And 10% via Quidco covers the cancelation charge.

Thanks

Pete

From Expedia No hidden charges! Expedia car hires include insurance, taxes and surcharges.
Everything is included you would usually get thru other rental companies with all inclusive cover, they could still try sell you roadside assist, satnav etc just like thru the other brokers.

First time drivers in US. We are 2 adults and 3 kids. I'd appreciate some help.

Will they let me book an economy car or will it simply be too small.

also

Do I need to purchase extra insurance to cover LDW?

The $200 CC hold - is that per week booked or per booking?

Thanks for any help. :)

We are a family of 5 and really appreciated the 7 seater minivan which gave everyone plenty of room to chill out in :goodvibes

Given Expedia have had some time to pull this deal and cancel existing bookings but haven't, is it now safe to assume they won't and we can cancel any other bookings?

I'm holding onto a USRentacar booking for May that I could do with getting refunded for cash flow reasons but not sure what the time period is for "glitch caution"

Any advice?

We are a family of 4 and will be getting a 7 seater SUV. We will have a baby with us and are taking his pram and 2-3 suitcases so it's more for the extra room to fit our luggage in for the airport trips and for £265 for 16nights it's more than worth it. The baby will only be 3 months old so we're taking his pram rather than a stroller which would take up a lot of space in the boot if we go for a smaller car.

Given Expedia have had some time to pull this deal and cancel existing bookings but haven't, is it now safe to assume they won't and we can cancel any other bookings?

I'm holding onto a USRentacar booking for May that I could do with getting refunded for cash flow reasons but not sure what the time period is for "glitch caution"

Any advice?

They probably have it in their T&C's that the can refuse to supply but its gone on so long, credit cards have been debited & confirmations sent out I think they will find it very difficult to get out of supplying now.
As I posted in the Dollar glitch thread a few month back, I have booked hotels, flights (last year Biz class for £470pp:goodvibes) and now car rental glitches/errors for years now, every one honoured. The travel industry is the best for sticking to their quotes.
I am confident it will go thru now but glad I don't have a reservation elsewhere to cancel.

Reply from Hertz regarding Excess.:thumbsup2

Thank you for your e-mail.

Regarding your query, in the rate of your reservation Loss Damage Waiver
(hereby LDW) is included. LDW is a full coverage for damage and theft to/of
the Hertz vehicle, without any excess. Super Cover is not applicable to
Hertz rentals in the USA, because it is available for Europe only and LDW
is already a full coverage with zero excess.

We remain at your service and thank you for contacting Hertz.

Is anybody else getting problems seeing their booking with Hertz?

I got the confirmation from Expedia with a Itinerary number and a Hertz confirmation number. when I put the hertz confirmation number in the Veiw/Modify/cancel a reservation I keep getting a page where it wants me to either enter a IATA Number or a ABTA Number, anybody else had this happen?? :confused3

Pete.

:thumbsup2
Is anybody else getting problems seeing their booking with Hertz?

I got the confirmation from Expedia with a Itinerary number and a Hertz confirmation number. when I put the hertz confirmation number in the Veiw/Modify/cancel a reservation I keep getting a page where it wants me to either enter a IATA Number or a ABTA Number, anybody else had this happen?? :confused3

Pete.

I get exactly the same, i pressume its because we have booked through a travel agent (expedia), i wouldnt worry about it as long as its showing on expedia site im sure you will be ok

Hi,

I have been visiting the forums for a couple of years but never registered.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting about this offer as it saved me £80 for 2 weeks and I got a better car!

Hi,

I have been visiting the forums for a couple of years but never registered.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting about this offer as it saved me £80 for 2 weeks and I got a better car!

:welcome:Congrats on your 1st post. Hopefully over the past couple of years you have seen we are a friendly lot (most of us, there's a few strange members in the Midlands:rotfl2:) and hope we can tempt you to contribute more.

:welcome:Congrats on your 1st post. Hopefully over the past couple of years you have seen we are a friendly lot (most of us, there's a few strange members in the Midlands:rotfl2:) and hope we can tempt you to contribute more.

Nige and Tracy arent really that strange Wayne :rotfl2:

yes welcome indeed, wayne is a god where disney is concerned - but notso good where discretion is concerned, whats wrong with the midlands???:lmao:
hey, remind me to throw you in the pool in august;) and ill have help, burt and nigel amongst many others are from the blackcountry you are skating on thin ice:rolleyes1:thumbsup2

yes welcome indeed, wayne is a god where disney is concerned - but notso good where discretion is concerned, whats wrong with the midlands???:lmao:
hey, remind me to throw you in the pool in august;) and ill have help, burt and nigel amongst many others are from the blackcountry you are skating on thin ice:rolleyes1:thumbsup2

OK I am out numbered I am :scared1:

Wow thats a long drive, hope you got a luxury car booked :thumbsup2

It was the closest I could get with using my KLM points, 6-7 hour drive after a night in Atlanta not too bad considering where i'm going to end up :thumbsup2

I went for the Toyota Rav4 on the thinking that if I get accelerator problems I'll be in Florida quicker :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter