• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Bad Headline for Carnival

A person could fall anywhere, but the wording here is very curious (emphasis is mine):

The Coast Guard said the cruise line notified them that the 52-year-old woman fell in an elevator and had broken both of her legs. She was in stable condition.

How do you fall in an elevator and break both legs?? There must be more to the story.

A person could fall anywhere, but the wording here is very curious (emphasis is mine):

The Coast Guard said the cruise line notified them that the 52-year-old woman fell in an elevator and had broken both of her legs. She was in stable condition.

How do you fall in an elevator and break both legs?? There must be more to the story.

I agree. Bizarre.

The only thing I can think of is that there was possibly water in the elevator and she slipped, but then I say could that break both of your legs?
Strange situation.

Maybe it was the ELEVATOR that fell? A woman in my building broke her leg when the elevator malfunctioned and free-fell to the basement.

I take the stairs now.

I am not a fan of Carnival, but Lisa Lisa is right, someone could fall anywhere!

The *fell in a Elevator* wording is strange.

AKK

It's also possible that she may have a medical condition that could cause simple falls to cause damage. It's possible that the breaks may not be serious as well. Not enough info in that incredibly brief article.

elevator floors can be slippery. maybe she was just coming from the pool or they had just cleaned the floor? Either way, such a shame to have a cruise cut short like that whatever the reason may be. I agree though, it's very interesting wording.

Gotta love WESH news out of Orlando.

People fall everywhere. Probably not the cruise lines fault. Maybe she was drunk, maybe she was clumsy, maybe she had a medical issue causing her to lose balance, maybe her sea legs weren't working quite well. Who knows. All I know is that if that happened to me and it made it all over the news with my picture....I'd be humiliated!

If she fell down the shaft then :faint: but if she just *fell*...meh, it happens, lol. My sister was walking last year and broke her foot and ankle. She wasn't running, she wasn't in heels, she was literally walking up to a group of her friends and somehow her foot must have twisted weirdly. We thought she was just being dramatic but when she was crying when she put any pressure on it the next day my mom brought her in and yep...broken!!!

It does read oddly. I'm very clumsy but can't imagine getting up enough speed in a 6 by 6 box to break both my legs.

Sounds like someone had some really bad luck. My mother in law once broke her leg sneezing so I guess strange things can happen.

Well, I can think of a number of ways you can fall in an elevator and break both legs. Here's one: perhaps she was beaten in the legs by a bat, and that caused her to fall to the ground. pirate:

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter