Another ??? about osbourne lights

kandb

DIS Veteran
Sorry but I have another question about osborne lights. We have never been and don't want to miss them. Are the lights throughout hollywood studios or are they in a certain area of the park? We will be coming out of dinner probably around 6:30 and the park closes at 7:00 pm and I don't know how far they will be from the restaurant. Thanks

Sorry but I have another question about osborne lights. We have never been and don't want to miss them. Are the lights throughout hollywood studios or are they in a certain area of the park? We will be coming out of dinner probably around 6:30 and the park closes at 7:00 pm and I don't know how far they will be from the restaurant. Thanks

The are in the streets of America. Here's a map

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/MGM.htm

Denise in MI

And they stay on till about an hour after closing. If the park closes at 7 they will be on till 8.

That is a great tip that they keep the lights on for an hour after the park closes, we can definately get some pics that night and maybe it won't be that crowded if we wait:thumbsup2

Are you going to be there on 11/17? That's the night we are seeing them too and the park closes at 7:00 - such a weird time? We have a 5:30ish ADR that night too - we'll probably see each other at the lights and not even know it - lol!

Every night.

I think there is one night in Dec when the Pop Warner crowd has the park and you won't be able to get in, but other than that, every night during the Christmas season.

December 8 will be the one night they won't have the lights.

Look for the purple cat too. It's hidden somewhere in the lights.

It took me forever to find it in 2010.

We love looking for the cat! In 2009, we had to ask a CM for clues. It was a lot of fun.

If you don't know about the cat, I did a Google search and found this - "One of the secrets is that somewhere in the lights, there’s a purple cat figure. It was mistakenly taken from Jenny Osborne’s Halloween display. Each year, technicians hide the cat among the lights."

Here's the link if you'd like to see where I read it (it's a blog from 2009) http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-lights/

And they stay on till about an hour after closing. If the park closes at 7 they will be on till 8.

We are planning to go on Thanksgiving night. HS closes at 9pm, does that mean the lights will be on till 10pm and you can stay inside the park to see the lights?
Thanks!
Debbie

Look for the purple cat too. It's hidden somewhere in the lights.

It took me forever to find it in 2010.

The cat this year is very well hidden, it took me about 30min. walking around to find it during CM previews, also there's new effects on the San Francisco lights canopy and on the windows.
Also a very touching tribute to Mr. Jennings Osborne who died this year, where all the blue angels are (around the globe) the imagineers put 1 all white angel simbolizing Mr. Osborne

The cat this year is very well hidden, it took me about 30min. walking around to find it during CM previews, also there's new effects on the San Francisco lights canopy and on the windows.
Also a very touching tribute to Mr. Jennings Osborne who died this year, where all the blue angels are (around the globe) the imagineers put 1 all white angel simbolizing Mr. Osborne

That is so cool. Thanks for the info.

Do they also play the music with the lights after park closing?

The lights and dancing and music and snow and the annoyiong Pheas and Ferb are in full affect until they turn the lights off....we have never seen the lights during park hours....too busy riding rides or at F!...

I"m so happy to read this. We're going on THursday Nov 17 as well and have dinner reservations at Sci-Fi for 6:00. I just checked that map out and it's right around the corner from the lights.:banana:

I"m so happy to read this. We're going on THursday Nov 17 as well and have dinner reservations at Sci-Fi for 6:00. I just checked that map out and it's right around the corner from the lights.:banana:

Yeah your right at it when you leave sci-fi....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter