Another AAA question

goodferry

DIS Veteran
We are booked right now at the Poly concierge with a AAA room only discount in December. I am considering booking a package, so I called AAA to get a price. The price I was quoted was $600 MORE than the price that Disney gave me for the same package at rack rate. Is there no incentive to booking AAA if you are getting a package?

I booked a AAA package at WL (6n/7d hopper + dining) for January and saved about $206 off the same package if I would have booked in directly through Disney.

I see that you are from Ligonier. We were just at Idlewild a few weeks ago.

Kristi

I know that with the package that AAA offers you can only get the tickets with the plus option. But it seems like $600 is an awful big difference for it to be that.

Hi Kristi! I love Idlewild, we are talking about going on Sunday, despite the fact that we just got back from disney. I don't know what is up with that quote, I don't know if the agent I called doesn't know what she is doing or what. Where else should I try besides my local AAA travel agent?

4forDis said:
I know that with the package that AAA offers you can only get the tickets with the plus option. But it seems like $600 is an awful big difference for it to be that.

This is not correct. You can get the base MYW tickets. With a package (such as the MYW + dining, it just requires a 1 day MYW base ticket for each person).

WDWBetsy said:
This is not correct. You can get the base MYW tickets. With a package (such as the MYW + dining, it just requires a 1 day MYW base ticket for each person).

I am going to have to call my AAA agent now. He told me that if I wanted MYW hopper tickets as part of the package I had to get the plus option with it, that they didn't offer it any other way. I hate when you get different info depending on who you speak to.

goodferry said:
Hi Kristi! I love Idlewild, we are talking about going on Sunday, despite the fact that we just got back from disney. I don't know what is up with that quote, I don't know if the agent I called doesn't know what she is doing or what. Where else should I try besides my local AAA travel agent?

Most likely they are quoting for a higher room category and/or not getting an accurate quote from their Disney rep that includes the AAA discount (or the discounted rooms are sold out and they're not saying this).

You can call your agent back and ask them to verify the quote or if you have trouble getting an accurate quote, I would be happy to recommend a wonderful AAA agent out of South Carolina.

4forDis said:
I am going to have to call my AAA agent now. He told me that if I wanted MYW hopper tickets as part of the package I had to get the plus option with it, that they didn't offer it any other way. I hate when you get different info depending on who you speak to.

That is crazy - sounds like he wanted to "upsell" and didn't tell you the truth. You can get the MYW hoppers with any of the options (no-expire/expire/plus, etc.).

Hope this helps!

I agree - I don't think he gave you accurate information. I booked the MYW with dining package through AAA and got a discount of about $500 as they were able to incorporate the discounted AAA room rate into the MYW package.

Question for those who have used AAA to book a Disney package - did your agent send you a packet of information, confirmation, tickets, anything? When I was on the phone with my agent, she gave me a confirmation number only after I asked for one and then that was sort of that. I called Disney reservations today just to make sure they had my reservation and they said they wouldn't have a record of it as those reservations are handled completely differently than those done directly through Disney. I e-mailed my AAA TA to find out if she is going to send me anything. I am having nightmares of checking in at the Poly at 11 p.m. at night with two exhausted DS's only to find I really don't have a reservation!

She told us that we would get our package and all of that a few weeks before we go. We *did* get a copy of a letter to her from Disney thanking her for booking with disney and giving us a brochure along with the letter.

I'm having trouble with AAA as well; I should have booked through the gal in SC that others here have spoken so highly of.

I'm still trying to convince my agent that the package I booked with her is the same rate that Disney quoted me. The agent swears she gave me the 15% off of the room rate! :rolleyes1 :guilty:

When I booked our room at a Disney resort, my CAA agent called while I was sitting there with her. She gave me the confirmation numbers, and when the package was sent to the CAA office, she called me to let me know. When I got it at her office, everything was in order. I had no problem getting the CAA discount. I am confident it would have went as smoothly if I did everything over the phone with her and if she mailed the Disney package.

Thank you to my CAA agent for being so wonderful!!! :cheer2:

Marthasor said:
Question for those who have used AAA to book a Disney package - did your agent send you a packet of information, confirmation, tickets, anything?

My agent (that I was hooked up with thanks to the AAA web site) emailed me all my information. She also emailed me a credit card authorization form (so I could put the $200 deposit down) which I filled out and faxed back to her.

My AAA agent was fabulous (thanks Wendy Smyth!!!) and she told me to email her or call her with any questions -- I think she's great!

tiki23 said:
I'm having trouble with AAA as well; I should have booked through the gal in SC that others here have spoken so highly of.

I'm still trying to convince my agent that the package I booked with her is the same rate that Disney quoted me. The agent swears she gave me the 15% off of the room rate! :rolleyes1 :guilty:

If you're not going until 14 months from now (I'm looking at your ticker), I'd cancel your package with that agent and get a new quote from a different agent. I am using the "AAA gal in SC" who is wonderful. She knows her stuff! She faxed me a confirmation every time I've made changes (and I've made quite a few) and has always been extremely helpful.

Unfortunately, it appears that some AAA agents are believing that the discounts are being given when they are not. When in doubt, shop around...

WDWBetsy said:
If you're not going until 14 months from now (I'm looking at your ticker), I'd cancel your package with that agent and get a new quote from a different agent. I am using the "AAA gal in SC" who is wonderful. She knows her stuff! She faxed me a confirmation every time I've made changes (and I've made quite a few) and has always been extremely helpful.

Unfortunately, it appears that some AAA agents are believing that the discounts are being given when they are not. When in doubt, shop around...

Betsy, I am about there!

I called the agency yesterday, again inquiring about the room discount, and they told me I should check back in January to check on any special deals. Huh?? 2006 AAA rooms and rates have been out for at least a month - if there were AAA rooms available, it would be now I'd think!

A question for those of you who have booked AAA pakages; is your agent willing to help you with ADR's and tour reservations at the 90 Day Mark? Mine is not, just wondering if that is the norm.

Your replies are most appreciated! I've never booked with any kind of agency before so I have no idea what to expect.

tiki23 said:
Betsy, I am about there!

I called the agency yesterday, again inquiring about the room discount, and they told me I should check back in January to check on any special deals. Huh?? 2006 AAA rooms and rates have been out for at least a month - if there were AAA rooms available, it would be now I'd think!

A question for those of you who have booked AAA pakages; is your agent willing to help you with ADR's and tour reservations at the 90 Day Mark? Mine is not, just wondering if that is the norm.

Your replies are most appreciated! I've never booked with any kind of agency before so I have no idea what to expect.

My agent offered to book them at 60 days out, but I'm a control freak and definitely wanted them booked at 90.

tiki23 said:

Okay - if I'm guesstimating the AAA discount correctly (using a post where you noted 2 standard rooms at CBR with dining with 5 8-day MYW w/hopper & magic plus pack options (I didn't choose the no-expire option when adding this up) - 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 16, 15 & 13: your approx. total price with AAA discount should be about $5797.

On a side note: if you wanted to upgrade to the Poly - 1 garden view room for the 5 of you (2 queen beds and a daybed, but only 1 bathroom), the AAA total would be about $6485. I'm thinking you wanted the 2 bathrooms the 2 CBR standard rooms would give you.

Hope this helps. I would definitely cancel this reservation and make a phone call to another AAA agent. PM me if you'd like my agent's phone number.

WDWBetsy said:
Okay - if I'm guesstimating the AAA discount correctly (using a post where you noted 2 standard rooms at CBR with dining with 5 8-day MYW w/hopper & magic plus pack options (I didn't choose the no-expire option when adding this up) - 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 16, 15 & 13: your approx. total price with AAA discount should be about $5797.

Hope this helps. I would definitely cancel this reservation and make a phone call to another AAA agent. PM me if you'd like my agent's phone number.

THANK YOU!! The $5797 is very close to what I had figured, too! (Now I know I'm not crazy!! LOL )

Betsy - you got PM! :love2:

WDW BETSY........
We'll be at AKL concierge Nov 30-dec 7th.....DH, myself and DD...are you counting down the days??
Gretch :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter