• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Salary Increases - What % does your company give?

Since this thread is 3 years old, whatever people posted 3 years ago about their raises is most likely VERY different now -- given the economy of the past year or two.

Yeah, when I read the first few, I was thinking how lucky those people were--then I saw the dates.

Wonder what brought this thread back from the dead???

Someone who just got a raise?

maybe my math stinks, but if you are earning $40,000 a 3% raise would mean an extra $1,200 per year or $23. per week or .57 per hour???

I work for a small law firm. I've been here 7 years and have asked for a raise twice. The first time, after 1 year of work I got something crazy like .47 more. The second time they just uppped my pay my $1.25:cool1: . then I asked for a raise, no specific amount, and was given $50 more per week. Just a few months ago I was again given $100.00 more per week without asking! Plus the holiday bonus is pretty generous and they are great to work for.

But is everyone getting excited about .57 more per hour?

I'd just like to have a job for next year...three years ago I took a $15,000 paycut when I changed school districts. This year our pay was frozen, despite insurance and other costs rising. Next year, I'm out of a job...as are, from what I've read, 20,000 other teachers across the country.

Lots of years we get nothing (and combined with increases in our required health care contributions). Most years, a few get 3 - 4% and others get less or nothing at all. No across the board raises.

Sheila

I haven't gotten anything for a while. I work in education in New Jersey and with the ways things are going here, I'm sure it'll be a while before i get anything.

My sister works in retail and told me she only got a 2% raise this year, implying that was bad, if that helps.

I was recently given a pay cut of just under 4% which came out to $.50/hr - by the end of the month it is one week's groceries and we're already struggling so it was significant to me.

We'll find out next month how much our health insurance premiums and co-pays will be going up.

I've looked for something else but everything else I seem to be qualified for pays about the same and if I add in extra transportation expenses to get to a different job I'd be right where I am now or even worse off.

Dh works commission. For January and February combined he brought home only about $1,000 total. March was a bit more but not much. He has picked up a second job but it does not make up for the difference of what he used to make. He's been looking too but has not had any luck at all.

The project that I work on is scheduled to cut back next January so I may be cut to part-time.

I really need the economy to turn around but I don't see that happening around here soon.

hopefully, if we even get a raise this year it will be the standard 2% and the speech "you should be lucky that you have a job". Last year we only got the speech......:confused3

WOW! How did this manage to get bumped? I'm the OP and I don't even use that name anymore. It was really weird to see it today! :lmao:

Every july it is 1% to 2% of my yearly salary, but it has been frozen for the last 3 years:sad2: but atleast I still have a job.

No increases here either , in 6 years....prior to that it was anywhere from 3-5%. A raise now is you still have a job!:thumbsup2

We usually get 3%-5%. This year we were all salary freezed. I'm just thankful to still have a job, so I'm not about to get upset about not getting a raise.

I work for state government and there have been no raises in years. Looking at furloughs or pay cuts this year.

In my company, most get 3%. I have had as high as 5% when it was based on a grade.

In current position, it is 3% straight across the board no matter what the score.

I work in a public school district. No raise this year, 1.5% in 2011. Woo-hoo! DH took a 10% paycut and is travelling 50% of the time (which adds expenses that aren't fully reimbursed). We are grateful to have jobs, even if they aren't dream jobs.

My job is unionized and we got 4% last year 4% this year and 3% next year. They also lowered the amount we contribute to our health insurance from 1.5 of our total salary (including overtime) to just 1.5% based on 40 hours a week.

maybe my math stinks, but if you are earning $40,000 a 3% raise would mean an extra $1,200 per year or $23. per week or .57 per hour???

I work for a small law firm. I've been here 7 years and have asked for a raise twice. The first time, after 1 year of work I got something crazy like .47 more. The second time they just uppped my pay my $1.25:cool1: . then I asked for a raise, no specific amount, and was given $50 more per week. Just a few months ago I was again given $100.00 more per week without asking! Plus the holiday bonus is pretty generous and they are great to work for.

But is everyone getting excited about .57 more per hour?

.57 an hour may not be much but it adds up especially if your work a lot of overtime.

I work for state government and there have been no raises in years. Looking at furloughs or pay cuts this year.

not sure why this thread is back, but, this is where I am too.........:sad2: (still wicked happy to have a job though :thumbsup2).

DH had 5% taken away over the past year....:mad:......irritating yes, but again thankful, thankful for a job.

I use to work for our state government and did not realize how good I had it until I left to work in the private sector three years ago. Unfortunately, I did not realize the value of the States Retirement plan that is 100% funded by the State. When you run the numbers, it is such an incredible benefit.

Last March my employer cut the managers and directors pay by 30% plus took away promised bonuses from profit sharing and also discontinued the retirement program. Yikes, that's a hit! Oh, how I long for the days of minimal or no pay increases :guilty:

Any suggestions on how to convince DH it is still a good idea to go to Disney!? I say as long as we are both still employed we are blessed and should celebrate with a trip!

I have not had a raise in 6 years. I am one there best employees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter