• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANNUAL READING GOAL CHALLENGE for 2015!

#44/50: What Pretty Girls are Made Of by Lindsay Jill Roth.

OK, I'm not sure why I was even reading this book but it just showed up on my Kindle. I obviously accidentally purchased the book and did not get it from the library.

Turns out is wasn't a bad book. Very much The Devil Wears Prada-light, but an easy read, a very likable main character, and it almost seems true!!

So, I didn't reach my goal this year. I don't think I'll get the next four books done tonight! I think if I had had a steadier stream of books with no gaps I could have done or (or just read more "fluffy" books).

36/40 - Still Life, Louise Penny, a new author for me - well written, interesting characters and setting (outside Montreal), quite an enjoyable read!

37/40 - The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine, Alexander McCall Smith - continuing adventures of the #1 Ladies Detective Agency - a fun read.

So, I came within sight of my goal of 40 - I'll take that! And try for the same number next year.

Wishing a Happy and Healthy New Year to all!

It took 362 days but I finally found my favorite book of 2015. This was a recommendation from the very sexy, Low-Key...
No Kiss Good-bye by Janelle Harris. I read it in a day and a half. Really excellent psychological thriller set in Ireland and New York. Thank you, low-key:worship:

Kids change your life, they said. Things will never be the same again, they said. Isn’t it wonderful, they said. But no one knows what to say now. My husband wants to take the kids. My husband thinks the accident was my fault. My husband thinks I need help. But I think he wants rid of me.

Had to squeeze one more in before midnight last night.

94. Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

Fell a few short of my goal this year but I blame it on several 1000 plus page books, lol.
And I've had to train a few new employees at work this year so that cut into my reading on the job.....

Have to say my favorite book of the year was Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter.

Looking for the 2016 thread.

Fell a few short of my goal this year but I blame it on several 1000 plus page books, lol.
And I've had to train a few new employees at work this year so that cut into my reading on the job.....

Ohhhh, Pretty Girls was a real good one also. I forgot about that one

I don't think I'll be officially joining the challenge this year. I definitely didn't my goal this year since I started back at school with a full course load.

I would like to still review what I read though if that's okay? I've gotten so many great recommendations here and would like to keep contributing :)

Has anyone started a 2016 thread? I can't find one.

I haven't found one for 2106 yet. @threeboysmom hasn't been on the DIS since Tuesday though so she may want to start a thread. If not, I am happy to start it and keep it updated.

I am lowering my goal for next year. The past few years I have been able to easily finish 80-90 books. Not this year though. I found myself rushing through books to get them done & I don't like that. So my goal will be 65 for 2016.

Finished my goal of reading 50 books for the year this morning. Didn't think I was going to finish in time. Going to read 50 books again next year.

CONGRATS!!

I don't think I'll be officially joining the challenge this year. I definitely didn't my goal this year since I started back at school with a full course load.

I would like to still review what I read though if that's okay? I've gotten so many great recommendations here and would like to keep contributing :)

You can't leave us! lol But if you're going to still be reading the thread and posting every now, you haven't REALLY left us, now have you? ;)

I haven't found one for 2106 yet. @threeboysmom hasn't been on the DIS since Tuesday though so she may want to start a thread. If not, I am happy to start it and keep it updated.

I am SO sorry! Life has been getting in the way the past few months and I haven't been able to sign onto the DIS and keep this thread updated like I normally do. If someone feels they can do a better job (Wilma-bride... hint hint), please feel free to do so!

My goal for 2015 was 100 books and I ended up the year with 108!

CONGRATS!!

My goal was 30 and I finished with 29. Close!

Close enough! Congrats!

I volunteered, when @threeboysmom said she didn't feel she could dedicate as much time to the thread this year, to take over. So I have created a new thread here

Please come and join in, I can't wait to see what we all have in store to read this year.

We did that one in book group! I enjoyed it thoroughly. The woman who suggested it had actually seen the author speak in NYC. I need to read more of the series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter