Annual Passport Question

spacemouseneer

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I just want to confirm what the actual procedure is when you buy an annual passport.

1) You buy online and Disney sends you an eTicket

2) You bring the eTicket to the front gate to enter park and the turnstile attendant gives you a ticket (Can you use this ticket to get FastPasses?)

3) At some point in the day you go to the ticket booth to pick up your Annual Passport card

4) You get your photo taken by one of the PhotoPass Cast Members for your card

Do you then have to go back to the Ticket Booth to pick up a new Annual Passport card or do you do step #4 before step #3?

This is the order Disney.com has it and it just seems weird that you pick up your card then get your photo done and have to get another card, one with your photo on it.

We are bringing my niece and her parents are getting her an annual passport while we all have 3 day park hoppers. I just want to make sure I know what the heck I am supposed to do.

Thanks,

Spacemouseneer

They don't print photos, expiration dates or pass types on the APs anymore, so once you get the pass at the ticket booth, that's your pass.

You can buy online and go to the turnstile to enter with a paper ticket, then get the pass later. You can take the online voucher to the ticket booth and just start with the pass, or you can buy the pass at the ticket booth.

They don't print photos, expiration dates or pass types on the APs anymore, so once you get the pass at the ticket booth, that's your pass.

You can buy online and go to the turnstile to enter with a paper ticket, then get the pass later. You can take the online voucher to the ticket booth and just start with the pass, or you can buy the pass at the ticket booth.

^^^ yup, the photo just pops up on their screen when your card is scanned - it's not on your card anymore.

You do have to trade the paper ticket from the turnstile in at the ticket booth for the actual pass within 24 hours or you won't be able to get into the park with the paper one anymore.
This is what we were told in May. So we just waited until a slower time during the day.

You can also go straight to the Ticket Booth with your voucher to get the AP. This works if you arriving in the afternoon, that way you just get it done. I would NOT do this if I was going first thing in the AM, as the early/morning time is the best part of the day to get on rides with less wait timel.

Hello all,

I just want to confirm what the actual procedure is when you buy an annual passport.

1) You buy online and Disney sends you an eTicket

2) You bring the eTicket to the front gate to enter park and the turnstile attendant gives you a ticket (Can you use this ticket to get FastPasses?)

3) At some point in the day you go to the ticket booth to pick up your Annual Passport card

4) You get your photo taken by one of the PhotoPass Cast Members for your card

Do you then have to go back to the Ticket Booth to pick up a new Annual Passport card or do you do step #4 before step #3?

This is the order Disney.com has it and it just seems weird that you pick up your card then get your photo done and have to get another card, one with your photo on it.

We are bringing my niece and her parents are getting her an annual passport while we all have 3 day park hoppers. I just want to make sure I know what the heck I am supposed to do.

Thanks,

Spacemouseneer

1. Yes

2. Yes and Yes. Your temporary paper ticket can also be used to park hop.

3. Yes

4. Yes. This is the final step. After you get your photo taken, each time your AP is scanned at the gate, your photo will pop up on the CM computer screen to validate your identity.

Just to clarify #4...you can't go to just any photopass photographer in the park for your photo. You have to go to the Photo Supply store on Main Street (or probably Kingswell Camera in DCA) to get your AP photo taken...at least that's how it worked for us. :)

They also recommend updating your picture for your passport every 2-3 years because people can change their looks, age, etc. So they don't want you to get stopped when you are showing your pass and being asked about your picture.

You will still have to get your photo taken, by any Photopass photographer or at one of the photo shops in the two parks.

You will still have to get your photo taken, by any Photopass photographer or at one of the photo shops in the two parks.

I tried that with mine and was told by the photographer that they couldn't do pass photos, I had to go to the photo shop. Did that change recently? Can any photographer now take them?

I tried that with mine and was told by the photographer that they couldn't do pass photos, I had to go to the photo shop. Did that change recently? Can any photographer now take them?

Perhaps. Last March we were told any of the photogs could do it. (And then spent five days getting the photos taken and re-taken with none of the photos ever showing up in the system.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter