Annual Passholders supposed to get MagicBands today?

Alice Royal

So autistic it hurts.
Can someone enlighten me as to whether or not the January 5th drop date for MBs was rumor or fact?

We had heard about this ages ago. I already have my band, as I'm at WDW right now with my mother for a quick trip before I go back to school, but we're waiting on an MB for my boyfriend, also an AP holder. Since we go essentially every other weekend and try to use FPs as much as possible, I'd really like for all of us to be able to reserve FP+ spots when we know we're going...

Never heard of that rumor but we haven't received any notification from Disney either. So I'd say it was just one of those rumors.

Never heard of that rumor but we haven't received any notification from Disney either. So I'd say it was just one of those rumors.

I'm not sure they want to get into the annual pass thing at all...
You could book 365 days worth of rides "just in case"... They can't control that.

It is gonna have to stay tied to the room.

Which is a nightmare for us coming up... As we are splitting stays/points with my in laws.

What a pain

You could book 365 days worth of rides "just in case"... They can't control that.

Which is a nightmare for us coming up... As we are splitting stays/points with my in laws.

What a pain

I should try-- I have an ap and can book any day I want to-- I wonder how many in a row before they kick me out...

Not being given out today. I estimate early March. However Animal Kingdom is doing a "whole park" test throughout the next few days for all guests to make FP+ selections

ok so I have 4 days booked with FPP for mid jan and I just was able to make FPP for today, tomorrow,and tuesday-- it says I have reached my FPP limit. So I guess it is 7 days.

ok so I have 4 days booked with FPP for mid jan and I just was able to make FPP for today, tomorrow,and tuesday-- it says I have reached my FPP limit. So I guess it is 7 days.

Hmm...wonder if this would also happen to people doing extended stays onsite?

Here's hoping more clarification is made as we move into the full phase-in. Paying with the band was ridiculously easy...they should definitely look into letting AP holders keep a credit or debit card on the band year-round and/or allow Disney Gift Cards to be loaded on.

Hmm...wonder if this would also happen to people doing extended stays onsite?

Here's hoping more clarification is made as we move into the full phase-in. Paying with the band was ridiculously easy...they should definitely look into letting AP holders keep a credit or debit card on the band year-round and/or allow Disney Gift Cards to be loaded on.

I don't think so - I recently stayed 17 days with 10 day park hoppers and could make FP reservations for any day of my stay as long as I didn't exceed 10 days.

From what I've heard, AP holders can make up to 7 days of FP reservations, and as one day is used (or passes) another day is opened up.

To further add to the confusion, others have reported up to 14 days of capability using an AP.

I don't think so - I recently stayed 17 days with 10 day park hoppers and could make FP reservations for any day of my stay as long as I didn't exceed 10 days. From what I've heard, AP holders can make up to 7 days of FP reservations, and as one day is used (or passes) another day is opened up. To further add to the confusion, others have reported up to 14 days of capability using an AP.

If I had to guess, 7 days is the max for AP or MB holders without a booked resort stay. Bookings would be allowed as normal for length of stay for those with a room reservation, just like those who booked a MYW package. I'd test it, but my AP is expired.

If I had to guess, 7 days is the max for AP or MB holders without a booked resort stay. Bookings would be allowed as normal for length of stay for those with a room reservation, just like those who booked a MYW package. I'd test it, but my AP is expired.

I think I'm following your logic - availability will span the length of room stay up to the number of days the availability is good for. 10 day tickets can be used for up to 10 days across the span of a room stay even longer than 10 days. And since AP tickets are good every day of the year, they could be used across the entire span of an extended room stay.

I'd love to be able to test that out because it makes sense and would be (for me) the preferred working method.

Not being given out today. I estimate early March. However Animal Kingdom is doing a "whole park" test throughout the next few days for all guests to make FP+ selections

What's your estimation based on for March? I'll be there early Feb & was thinking I'd get them before then based on the last thing I read on the official site for passholders saying early 2014. Now I'm wondering if it's worth it for me to stay for one night on property just to get a band like I read others have done.

Can someone enlighten me as to whether or not the January 5th drop date for MBs was rumor or fact?

We had heard about this ages ago. I already have my band, as I'm at WDW right now with my mother for a quick trip before I go back to school, but we're waiting on an MB for my boyfriend, also an AP holder. Since we go essentially every other weekend and try to use FPs as much as possible, I'd really like for all of us to be able to reserve FP+ spots when we know we're going...

Since most of the resorts are rolling out magic bands this month, I would say that AP's will get them in Feb, not march

I never heard of a January 5th date. The latest the AP holders have been told is "2014".

Nope and nope.

The can _easily_ limit the number of advanced days an AP holder can book FP+, and in fact, as mentioned below, they already do. AP holders who have had a resort stay that involved MagicBands have been "activated" - they can continue to use FP+ with their existing MagicBands, even without a resort stay. However, they are being limited to either 7 or 14 days of total advanced reservations - some have one, some have the other - not sure why there is a difference yet.

They've announced that Annual Passholders will be able to book in advance, with no provision as to requiring a resort reservation.

According to the dis team AP holder are supposed to get bands. Also they mentioned that park hopping is also supposed to come out with FP+. This all according to a meeting that Pete and John had with Disney about the new system.

I never heard of a January 5th date. The latest the AP holders have been told is "2014".

Nope and nope.

The can _easily_ limit the number of advanced days an AP holder can book FP+, and in fact, as mentioned below, they already do. AP holders who have had a resort stay that involved MagicBands have been "activated" - they can continue to use FP+ with their existing MagicBands, even without a resort stay. However, they are being limited to either 7 or 14 days of total advanced reservations - some have one, some have the other - not sure why there is a difference yet.

They've announced that Annual Passholders will be able to book in advance, with no provision as to requiring a resort reservation.

Lol...when I wrote that I hadn't attempted to book outside of a hotel window...I see the difference

However...that didnt entirely solve the question...

If I buy a $600 annual pass and live in Kissimmee...and want to book Soarin and 2 flaming piles of dog poo in the evening every night...why can't I?

Logistically it works...and there shouldn't be a 10 day cap on a 365 ticket IF you are saying that committment is enough to get the band.

They can slap whatever stipulation you want on it...but when you expand beyond set dates...hmmmm

Lol...when I wrote that I hadn't attempted to book outside of a hotel window...I see the difference

However...that didnt entirely solve the question...

If I buy a $600 annual pass and live in Kissimmee...and want to book Soarin and 2 flaming piles of dog poo in the evening every night...why can't I?

Logistically it works...and there shouldn't be a 10 day cap on a 365 ticket IF you are saying that committment is enough to get the band.

They can slap whatever stipulation you want on it...but when you expand beyond set dates...hmmmm

Disney sets the rules... :)

I probably should have said...you can have 7/14 days of advanced FP+ reservations _outstanding_ at any given time. That isn't for the whole year, the quarter, etc.

Once you use a day (or it expires without being used) or cancel a day, you can book another one.

So you CAN use 365 days of FP+ - you can only just have 7/14 days worth booked in advance at any given time.

According to the dis team AP holder are supposed to get bands. Also they mentioned that park hopping is also supposed to come out with FP+. This all according to a meeting that Pete and John had with Disney about the new system.

Are you referring to yesterday's show? I may have missed a different reference, but Pete said that he expects them to "fix" it for park hopping because they make a lot of money on that option - I didn't hear him mention anything about a meeting about it.

Are you referring to yesterday's show? I may have missed a different reference, but Pete said that he expects them to "fix" it for park hopping because they make a lot of money on that option - I didn't hear him mention anything about a meeting about it.

I think he means "come out" as in unveiled...not "eliminating" park hopping.
I did a double take on that...right?

I think he means "come out" as in unveiled...not "eliminating" park hopping.
I did a double take on that...right?

I read it as adding the ability to reserve/use FP+ in more than one park per day, and Pete DID say he believed they would add it as a feature, and thought there might be a technical issue as to why they don't, but I didn't hear anything about Pete and John having a meeting with Disney about FP+ features this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter