Annual Passholders Resort Booking

DisneyMagicMomma

Mouseketeer
I apologize if there is a very apparent 'How To' on this somewhere. I searched and searched to no avail.

I am planning a family trip (3 people) for 10/28-11/11. It is my intention to purchase annual passes on the day we arrive, or to have a voucher (not sure which is better) ahead of time. My question is, how and when can I book our room at AP discount? All the information I have found so far says that I can book the discount even without the APs but I MUST have the APs in hand at check in. If that is the case, how do I book that discount and when? Should I secure my booking online now and can I change it later to the discount?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks very much!!

Hi, I can help you with this because it's just what I did last year.

I am going on the assumption you already have a My Disney Experience account set up with your party members? If not, I would do this now on the Disneyworld website. You create the people you are traveling with, and then you can "link" tickets, dining, and resort reservations and other experiences to each person.

First of all, you really should purchase your AP's before you arrive. When you purchase online you will receive a voucher with a number on it. You can use this number to link the AP to your My Disney Experience Account online. You can link each ticket to a different person in your account. Once you have done that, you can reserve your FastPasses at 60 days out. If you wait to purchase until you get there, you can't book ANY FP in advance, as they must be linked to a ticket.

You can reserve your room at any time with the AP discount, but I think if you don't have one yet, I believe you may need to call reservations instead of booking online. However, if you purchase the AP's now, and link it to yourself, you can log in to MDE and the AP rates will automatically appear when you search for resorts and rates. You CAN book without an actual AP.

When you get to WDW, you just need to take the 3 vouchers to a guest relations window and have them activated. You will receive the plastic card as well as a discount card. Unfortunately, this can't be done at a resort, only at a theme park or Downtown Disney.

I think that's about right.....I know, lot's of information! Good luck:)

...purchase your AP's before you arrive, you will receive a voucher with a number on it to link the AP to your My Disney Experience Account online... Once you have done that, you can reserve your FastPasses at 60 days out. If you wait to purchase until you get there, you can't book ANY FP in advance, as they must be linked to a ticket.

You can reserve your room at any time with the AP discount.

When you get to WDW, you just need to take the 3 vouchers to a guest relations window and have them activated.
Thank you for the fast and helpful response! I have a few follow up questions...

When I purchase the AP vouchers, they become valid once I get there and activate them, correct? If they are inactive until check in, can I still do FP+ at 60 days? Would it be wiser to purchase a 10-day ticket and then switch them to APs when we get there, so that we can FP+?

Do we have to wait until an actual AP discount is released for October to reserve the room or do they book based on historic discounts? If I book now at standard price, can I switch to the discount once it is released?

Thanks so much!!!

Thank you for the fast and helpful response! I have a few follow up questions...

When I purchase the AP vouchers, they become valid once I get there and activate them, correct? If they are inactive until check in, can I still do FP+ at 60 days? Would it be wiser to purchase a 10-day ticket and then switch them to APs when we get there, so that we can FP+?

Do we have to wait until an actual AP discount is released for October to reserve the room or do they book based on historic discounts? If I book now at standard price, can I switch to the discount once it is released?

Thanks so much!!!

Your APs become valid once you activate them when you arrive at Disney. Even though they are inactive, you can still make your FP selections at the 60 day mark. Just make sure they are linked to your MDE account. DH and I got AP vouchers from DFTW and were able to make our FP selections at our 60 day mark even though they weren't activated. It shouldn't matter if you have a 10-day ticket or an AP voucher.

You do not have to wait until a discount is offered for your trip to reserve your room. You are able to apply a discount, if it is available, even after booking a room. It depends on availability of course so even if there is an AP discount for October, there may not be availability at the resort of your choice during your dates. If there is, you are more than welcome to call Disney and have them apply your discount! DH and I booked our trip for wedding and disneymoon and waited for a discount to apply to our reservation.

I hope this helps! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter