Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people posted last night. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
People should be allowed to try different things, report back, make comments and speculate together if they want.

I guess I just don’t see the point in turning on notifications for this thread. People are going to want to talk, ask questions, etc....

Just check the links that have been posted from time to time so you don’t miss out.

Ok, so if this doesn't drop today, do people think there's much of a chance of it dropping over the weekend. Can we safely walk away from the computer? I didn't think Disney usually dropped stuff on the weekend, but my memory isn't the best.
I have NOTHING to base my opinion on, but I just can't see Disney dropping this over the weekend. I feel like it has to be durning "regular" business hours. As they would need to have IT on hand to trouble shoot any issues that would come up.

Just as an FYI, if we are going with the Monday-Friday idea, I would make it 7am rather than 8am. Disney has a tendency to drop things at 7am(like fastpasses) so I would suggest 7am as the starting point.

I don't think Disney would drop in over the weekend. It wouldn't make sense. They are trying not to have a mass flow of AP users jam the site and have it crash altogether(even though it will no matter the day). Point being, more people will be on their computers on the weekend rather than a workday. But, then again, Disney could just be messing with us all and be like "Whoops my finger slipped...here is the link at 8:02am on a Sunday!" Because, granted, I wouldn't put it past them!

I've stopped receiving any emails for this thread (and any other from the DIS). Is there something I can do? I clicked 'unwatch' and 'watch' again, but still nothing.
ETA: Emails are not going to my SPAM folder.

Same here. I unwatched and rewatched and am still not getting emails. Oh well was getting annoying anyway.

Just as an FYI, if we are going with the Monday-Friday idea, I would make it 7am rather than 8am. Disney has a tendency to drop things at 7am(like fastpasses) so I would suggest 7am as the starting point.

I don't think Disney would drop in over the weekend. It wouldn't make sense. They are trying not to have a mass flow of AP users jam the site and have it crash altogether(even though it will no matter the day). Point being, more people will be on their computers on the weekend rather than a workday. But, then again, Disney could just be messing with us all and be like "Whoops my finger slipped...here is the link at 8:02am on a Sunday!" Because, granted, I wouldn't put it past them!
7 AM can't hurt but the past 2 Land events, as well as the MK/Epcot AP events, invites went out later in the day
Best I can remember.

So just to confirm, it’s fair to say the following:

1. Receiving notice of when/where to sign-up by email is at best unreliable.

2. This link is possibly where the registration page might be posted, but maybe not:
https://event-registration.disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyworld
3. It may be announced here but maybe not:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/specials/
Is that the sum total of what we know so far?
I think we are at least 75% confident on item 2. The only reason it wouldn’t be there is if they had to create another page because we wouldn’t let them get anything set up on there with our constant refreshing.

This topic came up the other day. I like the concept in theory but a separate thread would depend on a TPAS mod to be around to unlock a thread, post to it, etc.

Not sure if there is any perfect answer to this one. Perhaps might be worth trying a one-post (sticky) thread with both the title and first post stating in very clear and firm terms that the thread is ONLY to be commented on when there is concrete information about a definitely working method for registering for the SWGE events? Rather than 15 pages of waffle about how people managed to coax back an old long-closed page about the last passholder event from some dormant cache... ;)

That said, the cynic in me wonders how long it would take before people start posting annoying "F" comments rather than just clicking the 'Watch' button.

What I do know is that this current thread is not going to be much help in terms of being able to quickly get the message out to people when something does happen - which could be very soon, in a few days, or a few weeks.

Andre

Because I have bad luck - It'll happen on Monday or Tuesday because I have to work both days all day in a warehouse with limited internet access because I'll be pulling and packing orders.

Bad luck for me would be Wednesday from about 10 to 3, when I'm at the airport/on a plane. That would be my luck!

What I do know is that this current thread is not going to be much help in terms of being able to quickly get the message out to people when something does happen - which could be very soon, in a few days, or a few weeks.

If you'll read the old threads from TSL and Pandora you'll see that the minor chatter going on here now is nothing. Literally,pages will be generated in minutes with people flooding the thread with the link, I got it posts and specifics on what they got and when. This is nothing in comparison. If you visit the page often during the day, you won't have to go through tons of pages. As I said, there is no easy way to get into this event, you just have to want it bad enough that you'll work to do it.

Yeah we need a new sticky thread with no posting that everyone can subscribe. Then when the official announcement comes out the Mod can post to that thread and everyone will get notified with official information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter