Annual passes

stephensmum

DIS Veteran
I am staying at RPR for 1 night on 25 Aug. Can you tell me if I purchased a AP would it be valid until 24 Aug 2010? Also if I have an AP how do i get the savings for the hotel & passes?

I am staying at RPR for 1 night on 25 Aug. Can you tell me if I purchased a AP would it be valid until 24 Aug 2010? Also if I have an AP how do i get the savings for the hotel & passes?
Annual Passes are good a year from the purchase date so if you bought it now, it would not be valid in August of next year.

If you purchased it on Aug. 25 this year, it would be valid on Aug. 24 next year. You get your entire year. To get your discounts you tell reservations for tickets and hotel when you call to book or order.

Thank you. Can I book tickets & reservations now, then buy AP on the 24th or do I need to buy AP before arrival in Florida.

Thank you. Can I book tickets & reservations now, then buy AP on the 24th or do I need to buy AP before arrival in Florida.

You can buy the AP anytime just don't activate it until the date to ensure it will still be valid on Aug. 24, 2010.

You don't need to have the AP in order to get the discounts when you book. You just need to have it when you check in or before you check out. You will need to show it to get your discounted rate.

You can buy the AP anytime just don't activate it until the date to ensure it will still be valid on Aug. 24, 2010.

You don't need to have the AP in order to get the discounts when you book. You just need to have it when you check in or before you check out. You will need to show it to get your discounted rate.
Thank you

Annual Passes are good a year from the purchase date so if you bought it now, it would not be valid in August of next year.

Are you sure Metro? Ours weren't activated until we picked them up at Guest Services.

I know when you renew them, they are good for one year from the date of expiration.

Are you sure Metro? Ours weren't activated until we picked them up at Guest Services?
I'm pretty sure...I purchased mine at the gate when I first moved here and I've had the same renewal date every year. I'm going to call and ask.

Edited to add: The passholder line told me it was from activation date not purchase. Mine was different because of the BOGO promotion they were running at the time and the fact I purchased mine at the gate and not online.

I'm pretty sure...I purchased mine at the gate when I first moved here and I've had the same renewal date every year. I'm going to call and ask.

Edited to add: The passholder line told me it was from activation date not purchase. Mine was different because of the BOGO promotion they were running at the time and the fact I purchased mine at the gate and not online.

Good to know. I had looked at the dates on ours. I had purchased them online and the date on them was the first day we went to the parks.

same as me, damo.

when i renewed, there was a special and was able to receive an additional 3 months extension on my ap.

now my new renewal date is different from when i renewed last time.

It wasnt' the BOGO, it was the fact you got it at the gate.. I did the BOGO online and my date was the date I walked thru the turnstile..(yes I let my old AP expire for a year and then got the BOGO) my DH & DD's dates were the date they went thru the turnstile, which was 2 weeks after me. Had we not walked thru the turnstiles before 10/30 (or 31), they would have had that date as the activation date. When ever you purchase at the gate, you have that date as your activation date.. I have gotten AP's and then renewed & yes, renewal is automatic and will always be that date. Years ago it wasn't like that, even renewals were when you walked thru the gate ...

So I can buy a AP on line but it won't be dated until I go to the parks? How can I ask for an AP rate at RPR without my AP been activated? Sorry for the many questions, just want to get it as clear as possible.

yes to both of your questions.

one thing to know in advance, you won't be able to utilize the AP website until your AP has been activated.

if an AP is requested to view at check in at the hotel, show the voucher/info and tell them you will show the activated AP once you go to the parks.

you will be fine.

i did it that way one time when i first bought the AP on line.

Yup. The person at reservations doesn't ask for an AP number or name or anything. They know that the person at check in will make sure you have the pass or will charge you full price if you don't have one before you check out.

Thank you. Another question please, I understand that the benefits of the AP change on the 1 July, how can I find these changes? or 2, What is BOGO?

Thank you. Another question please, I understand that the benefits of the AP change on the 1 July, how can I find these changes? or 2, What is BOGO?

BOGO is Buy One Get One free year. They had this special a few years ago but I haven't seen it lately.

Not sure about the benefits. The only one I care about it the hotel discount. I can get the same other discounts using my AAA card.

I'm considering buying an AP to get reduced hotel rates this Nov. 25 -29th at RPR. Is there a website where I can go to find out what the rates would be with an AP? I don't want to purchase it unless I'm going to see a savings. The best rate I could find right now is $219 for a standard Queen w/2 beds.

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

I'm considering buying an AP to get reduced hotel rates this Nov. 25 -29th at RPR. Is there a website where I can go to find out what the rates would be with an AP? I don't want to purchase it unless I'm going to see a savings. The best rate I could find right now is $219 for a standard Queen w/2 beds.

TIA!

It is unlikely that you will get an AP rate for Thanksgiving. Right now, the APH price is higher than the $219. It might come down though.

Just go to www.loewshotels.com and use APH as your code.

You can always book the $219 and then watch for lower prices. If the AP price does get lower eventually, then you can purchase an AP.

It is unlikely that you will get an AP rate for Thanksgiving. Right now, the APH price is higher than the $219. It might come down though.

Just go to www.loewshotels.com and use APH as your code.

You can always book the $219 and then watch for lower prices. If the AP price does get lower eventually, then you can purchase an AP.

Thanks! I knew I could find the help I needed on the DIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter