• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual passes vs hoppers

studog

Mouseketeer
I'm a DVC member and am evaluatingwhich one might be better....ANyone with thoughts on this and which one you choose? I see that if you go with the AP, the renewal is cheaper....
I'd like some help please
Thanks
Studog

Studog,
We have annual passes. DH figured out that if we go twice in a year, it's worth it (and we do go twice in a year at least). The renewal rate is lower than buying an AP for the first time. There are also some discounts you can get with an AP, for example AP rates for resort rooms, and some restaurants offer discounts. I believe there is a merchandise discount in select DTD stores too. These may not be good enough reasons to buy an AP, however. You will get your money's worth in going to the parks, not the other discounts.

Ann:earsgirl:

If you will be going into the 4 main parks more than 8 days in a year, then the AP maybe for you. Also take into consideration waterpark or PI visits, which you can get on a hopper but need a PAP for. We get the most out of our AP's by scheduling the trip the following year right before it expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter