Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

A word of caution for those upgrading APs: I added water parks to my Incredipass this week, and the system cancelled all 18 of the park reservations I had booked in May & June. It was no big deal to rebook them, since all parks are still available, but I wasn't told that would happen when I did the upgrade, so I'm glad I noticed they were gone. I received no notification.

I suspect it is because the system sees it as a "new" pass, since the change was made, so the previously booked park reservations were no longer valid, since they were booked with the "old" pass.

Just a heads up, since many may be upgrading in the next couple of weeks!

This is why I'm going to walk my little self over to GS at IG and not rely on IT (well that and I'm going to try to upgrade current hoppers and you can only do that in person). I'm just hoping they don't sell out of the Incredipass in that short of time. I figure if it turns out I can't upgrade I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new one but would love to save a little money since I've already paid for the hoppers.

I am an AP, but would like to buy one for my daughter. Is there a set time, like one minute after midnight or maybe 6:00am?
Thanks. Also price. I'm trying to get into the site, but millions of others are too today (4/13),

I am an AP, but would like to buy one for my daughter. Is there a set time, like one minute after midnight or maybe 6:00am?
Thanks. Also price. I'm trying to get into the site, but millions of others are too today (4/13),

Joining you to the existing AP thread as I'm anticipating the time will be the same as it was today. Pretty sure it was 6AM. Please read experiences above.

It was 6 am today. I know the Incredipass is $1399 plus tax - that's the only one I qualify for. I think the sorcerer was just under $1000? Hoping to have luck next Thursday for an Incredipass!

Well I can report that I've been trying to get passes since 6:30 a.m. monitoring the boards as well. It was failing for everyone consistently. The only ones who managed to get a pass for the ones who called the ticket line and were upgrading. The rest of us were stuck in IT hell.

At 8:58 a.m. I was able to reload my cart and make my purchase at 9:00 a.m. No issues no wait. But then I go to the boards and I find now they're doing a virtual cue like they're doing for the Magic Keys at Disneyland.

I do not believe The Sorcerer passes will sell out today. Or in the next week. They're only available to DVC members and they're not that many of us. I do expect the virtual cue to be in place by next week's general sales opening.

Always fun when they make us DVC owners the guinea pigs.

Good luck to everyone trying. Be patient. The system works even if it's broken.

I'm seeing on the DVC board you will have to call member services to buy and verify you are a direct member.
Not true. As long as your DVC membership is loaded in your my Disney experience then you can purchase without any issues. I was able to purchase two tickets this morning. If you are renewing your pass then you need to call. But that's just for renewals. And of course if you're a new member in your membership is not linked to your MDE.

We have tickets in July so I wanted to upgrade to annual pass which requires Calling member services. On hold since since 9:00AM....the on hold message was over a 2 hour wait.
I agree with other posters here that Disney should have allowed DVC members to upgrade online.

If I buy a pass today, when does it have to be first activated in person for use? Thanks for your help.

A word of caution for those upgrading APs: I added water parks to my Incredipass this week, and the system cancelled all 18 of the park reservations I had booked in May & June. It was no big deal to rebook them, since all parks are still available, but I wasn't told that would happen when I did the upgrade, so I'm glad I noticed they were gone. I received no notification.

I suspect it is because the system sees it as a "new" pass, since the change was made, so the previously booked park reservations were no longer valid, since they were booked with the "old" pass.

Just a heads up, since many may be upgrading in the next couple of weeks!
Hi - curious, are you staying onsite? Thanks for this info, I’m planning to upgrade next week, my tix are for the following week (staying onsite) so I’ll need to watch availability if reservations are cancelled.

Disney needs AP holders. They would never be able to keep the parks at capacity without any AP holders. Not sustainably anyways
DVC.

DVC without an AP is not a particularly appealing prospect. Discounted AP's was a selling point that WDW used for years to sell DVC. I don't know for sure, but it seems pretty obvious to me that lack of AP's is having a significant impact on DVC. In this, Chapek was very shortsighted. I don't think he understood the fabric of running a service product like WDW. If you pull one thread, you easily damage the whole fabric of a service product like a theme park.

You want us to pay $1,400 for a sorcerer pass? Are you insane? Or just made of money? Surely you got to have a money tree in your front yard that you can scrape the dollars from. The rest of us are not that lucky.

Just as bad, that means Incredipass should be $1700 + tax. PER PERSON. Can you imagine trying to pay that for a family? I guess it’s their way of keeping average people from being AP holders. 🙄

Friendly reminder:

It is often good advice if you see a thread or post which your are unhappy with to walk away and give yourself a time out. Alternatively use the report post button which will alert all the moderators and the webmasters to any post, where appropriate action if necessary will be taken. If you add a comment yourself you may also face infractions as per the guidelines.

Couple questions;
When I call in next week, will I be able to upgrade both mine and my wife's ticket to APs or does my wife have to do hers on her own? I bought both the tickets and linked them through my MDE.
When paying, if I have 2 gift cards can I use both and then use a credit card for the rest or is it 2 payment methods per transaction?

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know what time on they might open up sales on April 20 for the Incredipass? Do they turn it on at midnight or a certain time in the morning?

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know what time on they might open up sales on April 20 for the Incredipass? Do they turn it on at midnight or a certain time in the morning?

No one know for sure... but as stated a few post above DVC started at 6AM. Good chance the same will be true for non-DVC later on.

Now what time it will allow you to buy after that... is a whole different issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter