Annual Passes, Exchange Certificates, and Magic Bands

jrtoastyman

Purveyor of Fine Latex Products
OK, so we recently purchased DVC annual passes, which appear to already be linked to my MDE account. Yesterday, I received Exchange Certificates for those passes that are evidently supposed to be exchanged for our Annual Passes at the parks. Questions:

1. Since these passes are already linked to my account, is there still a need to "exchange" these cards for Annual Passes, or can I just walk right into the parks with our magic bands?
2. Am I already locked and loaded to make FP+ reservations, or is there some other step I need to take?
3. When/where do we customize our AP magic bands? We had already done it for our trip prior to buying the APs (it was a DVC, room-only reservation), but I think we get an additional set for our APs, and I'm not seeing where we set those up...

Thanks in advance...

1. Since these passes are already linked to my account, is there still a need to "exchange" these cards for Annual Passes, or can I just walk right into the parks with our magic bands?
Exchange Certificates are not valid for park entry, you will need to stop at either a park ticket window or guest relations location to exchange for your actual Annual Pass(es).
2. Am I already locked and loaded to make FP+ reservations, or is there some other step I need to take?
Having Exchange Certificates linked to MDE will allow you to make FP+ selections.
3. When/where do we customize our AP magic bands? We had already done it for our trip prior to buying the APs (it was a DVC, room-only reservation), but I think we get an additional set for our APs, and I'm not seeing where we set those up.
Once you've exchanged for your actual Annual Pass(es), there will be an option on the MagicBands & Cards page to customize MagicBands for being a Passholder.

I love when you ask a question and you get a succinct, straightforward answer. Thanks!

With Annual Passes, the key is that you need to present photo ID so the pass is not purchased by a group of people and exchanged during the year. That's why the needed stop at Guest Relations.

We renewed online and then had maybe fifteen minutes of a wait before our Annual Passes were updated. HOWEVER - ask for your discount pass for purchases and your parking pass BEFORE you leave after getting upgraded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter