Annual Pass

Can anybody tell me if purchasing an annual pass would be worth it for food and merchandise discounts?

I completely forgot to ask for AP discounts when we were there. :headache:

I did use my Amex card and got discounts on a few meals. Didn't buy enough merchandise to get a discount with it.

It depends on which annual pass you get, how much you spend, and whether you have other cards that can get you the same discount.

As HM pointed out, you can get a discount with Amex. You can also get discounts with a AAA card. If you have either of those, then it's probably not worth getting the annual pass just to get discounts.

If you don't have either of those, you'll probably have to do some math (or maths, depending on which side of the pond you live on). The cheapest AP that will get you food & drink discounts is the Preferred Pass, which costs roughly $100 more than most regular park passes. If the Preferred Pass saves you 10% on most purchases, then you'd need to spend about $1000 on food and merchandise to make it worthwhile just for the discount.

Of course, there are other perks to the AP as well, such as discount theme park tickets and onsite hotel stays, so you'd have to factor those in as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter