Annual pass vs. 2-park 7 day ticket? Which is a better option for us?

jdb0822

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 7. There is a 50/50 chance we will be back in Orlando within 12 months of our upcoming trip.

What is the advantage of getting the Power Pass Annual Pass? Is this pass eligle for ticket discounts?

We are a family of 7. There is a 50/50 chance we will be back in Orlando within 12 months of our upcoming trip.

What is the advantage of getting the Power Pass Annual Pass? Is this pass eligle for ticket discounts?
Only one of you would have to purchase the AP to get the discounts. You could purchase the other tickets for the rest of the family...in case you don't come back. On the other hand, if you purchase the seven day tickets for this trip and then again for the next trip, you might as well get an AP for the money you'd pay.

The Power Pass is NOT good for any discounts and it has blackout dates. Only the Preferred and Premier passes have the discounts.

if I buy a preferred pass, what kind of discounts can I get?
Free parking ($12.00 otherwise), hotel discounts, park discounts on food and merchandise and discounts at CityWalk. Not to mention discounts on hard ticket events like Rock The Universe and HHN. The website has the complete listing of discounts.

are there any discounts on park tickets? if i buy the pass for myself, would i be able to buy tickets for the other 6 in my family at a discount? We are going in Nov.

are there any discounts on park tickets? if i buy the pass for myself, would i be able to buy tickets for the other 6 in my family at a discount? We are going in Nov.
Yes...you can purchase the multi-park tickets at a discount for up to six people. You would save 10% on one park tickets and 15% on 2 park tickets. BUT...the special seven day tickets are already discounted and the AP rate would not apply.

Also...Universal is running a promotion right now for passholders for travel by 12/20. You can get 50% off multi-park tickets with an AP for friends/family for up to six people.

Yes...you can purchase the multi-park tickets at a discount for up to six people. You would save 10% on one park tickets and 15% on 2 park tickets. BUT...the special seven day tickets are already discounted and the AP rate would not apply.

Also...Universal is running a promotion right now for passholders for travel by 12/20. You can get 50% off multi-park tickets with an AP for friends/family for up to six people.

cool. so if my math is right, I am better getting 1 Preferred AP and then buy the other 6 tickets at 50% off.

Is the 50% promotion available online or by phone? (I'd like to have the tickets prior to arrival).

cool. so if my math is right, I am better getting 1 Preferred AP and then buy the other 6 tickets at 50% off.

Is the 50% promotion available online or by phone? (I'd like to have the tickets prior to arrival).
You can order by phone by calling 1-866-PASS-4-FUN (passholder hotline).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter