• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Room-Only Discounts?

Disneyfor8

Earning My Ears
I'm considering buying an AP this year for our upcoming trip on October. Although I am not planning on returning within a year, the discounts our group of 8 would receive if one of us had an AP would more than cover the cost of one AP. I understand that there are room-only discounts available for passholders as well? We are currently booked in a two bedroom theme park view room at BLT October 12-15. (We are then staying an additional week off property). Any idea how I can find out if an AP room-only discount is available for this or another resort during those days? Without already having the AP, can I obtain this information?

You can always call to check for AP discounts. However, BLT is not included at all on the fall AP discounts.

You can always call to check for AP discounts. However, BLT is not included at all on the fall AP discounts.
Thanks. I figured that was the case. It seems BLT is almost always excluded! We're pretty set on staying there, so I probably won't pursue switching to somewhere else just to get a discount. But I think the AP still makes sense for us given that we are a large group and we will be doing a lot of TS dining (TIW here we come!)

I'm surprised that math works but sounds like you've figured it out so I trust you're right. Keep in mind I think you need to buy/activate/use the AP prior to being able to book a future room-only AP discount. I'm not totally sure on this but something to figure out if accurate.

Looks like BLT isn't included in the current fall discount, which doesn't surprise me. Popular DVC time of year and popular resort.

FWIW, we're new AP holders this past year and really enjoy the room-only discounts offered at certain times of the year. Has given us more flexibility and options in our travels.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm not totally sure on this but something to figure out if accurate.

You do NOT need to activate the AP before getting the discount for the rooms. As soon as you purchase it from Disney and get the ticket number (it's emailed to you), you can link it in the MDE website. From there you will be able to view AP discounts. I needed to swap browsers in order to see the discounts successfully, but I was able to book an AP room. Keep in mind, you can also call Disney and they will be able to see an AP on your account.

You don't even need the card 'voucher' they send you when you go to activate them in the parks. I accidentally left mine in my room this past trip and they were able to give me my AP without hassle.

Will you need parking for the second week, that alone could make it worth it. Plus you get free photopass.

Also 10% merchandise & some food purchases just with AP. The AP discount is typically 5% more than the GP discount, and the room availability is VERY limited. I have in the past had to switch resorts to get the savings. TIW doesn't work for us as a party of 2. Keep in mind if using the AP to get merchandise/food discount they will often ask to see your AP card, and an ID.

You do NOT need to activate the AP before getting the discount for the rooms. As soon as you purchase it from Disney and get the ticket number (it's emailed to you), you can link it in the MDE website. From there you will be able to view AP discounts. I needed to swap browsers in order to see the discounts successfully, but I was able to book an AP room. Keep in mind, you can also call Disney and they will be able to see an AP on your account.

You don't even need the card 'voucher' they send you when you go to activate them in the parks. I accidentally left mine in my room this past trip and they were able to give me my AP without hassle.

Thanks for correcting me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter