• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass renewal question

pcolapawnstar

Earning My Ears
Hello, last October we went to wdw and stayed at wilderness lodge, dining plan it was awesome. But to get the free dining plan I had to purchase 2 day tickets for each member of my party. Well I don't need tickets because we have annual passes. But the person whom I spoke with at disney reservations assured me that if I didn't use the tickets I could put the value of the tickets toward my annual passes when I renewed. So I received an email from disney that invited me to renew with a discount etc....but when I called I was told:

A) If I wanted to use the value I actually have to UPGRADE the tickets to an annual pass and I don't get to just apply the value of the tickets to my annual pass

B) I have to do it in person at the park

Annual pass department is closed on Saturday so I couldn't get anyone there on the phone so all I am relying on is information I received from whomever I spoke with in tickets and passes.

Has anyone else done this before and can shed any light in the situation for me? I'm a Florida resident. So I get a discount on my AP anyway.

I guess my question is, can I get my early renewal discount AND use the ticket price toward my renewal? Or do I have to pick one or the other?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just saw this post on the Disney Moms Blog which says that you can apply the value of your ticket toward your next annual pass renewal. The post is from 2013, so I would still check to make sure the information is valid. But if it is indeed valid, this is very good news for annual passholders who wish to take advantage of free dining promotions!

http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=120&cid=128&qid=229622

So it sounds like statement "A" in the original post is incorrect and statement "B' is correct. And therefore, as long as you can do your renewal in person at the park, you should be able to use the value of your tickets toward your early renewal and get your discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter