• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Rates?

jmagla

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have a room booked at the RPR for 5 nights in April (24-29) at the AAA rate ($228/$211). I am wondering whether it may be better to buy an annual pass ($200 plus tax) and get a cheaper rate. Does anyone know if there are any annual pass rates for April yet?, or if not when they may be released.

I would have to save more than $20 a night to make it worthwhile, is that a realistic APH discount over AAA?

Cheers Michael

I can tell you that I started with a SS rate of $259 when I booked cause it was cheapest and 6 months later I changed it to an APH rate cause it dropped to $144. Well worth the extra money it cost to upgrade my ticket. AAA rate was $226, it was lower than the APH till they changed them.

APH Rates are $242 anight for us in July next year, we have AAA booked at the same rates as yourself. I would wait to see what APH rates are out before you go , as it is a bit early for actual APH rates.
This year for Summer APH rates where $146 for RPR and they came out beginning of June, compared to $209 for AAA, for the same period.
Wait till before you go to see whats on offer, you can always print of eticket for AP, or buy it there and when you checkin tell them you have to collect your AP at Guest Services and let them see it once it has been collected

Thanks for all your replies. I have a garden view room booked, at $211 for weekdays and $228 for the weekend, I am blue status, so will probably be able to up to a pool view when checking in (as I did this year, although couldnt see much of the pool at the HRH!). I will leave it until nearer the time.
Thanks Michael

Thanks for all your replies. I have a garden view room booked, at $211 for weekdays and $228 for the weekend, I am blue status, so will probably be able to up to a pool view when checking in (as I did this year, although couldnt see much of the pool at the HRH!). I will leave it until nearer the time.
Thanks Michael
As others have said, you don't need the APH to book. So just keep watching the rates and if a good APH rate comes around and it justifies buying an APH (remember that the power pass doesn't count), call and change your rate and then just upgrade one of your tickets to an APH.

This past April I got an AP rate on our room at Hard Rock for $159 a night! I probably booked it in February.

As others have said, you don't need the APH to book. So just keep watching the rates and if a good APH rate comes around and it justifies buying an APH (remember that the power pass doesn't count), call and change your rate and then just upgrade one of your tickets to an APH.

Question,...if I buy the 7 day $94.00 ticket can that be upgraded to a an APH. Also, which APH qualifies you for the room discount?
Thanks,
Steph

Question,...if I buy the 7 day $94.00 ticket can that be upgraded to a an APH. Also, which APH qualifies you for the room discount?
Thanks,
Steph

Not sure about the upgrade, but the experts can answer that. As for the APH room dicount. You have to have a preferred or premium pass. You can not get a room discounts with the Power Pass. We got our preferred AP last year when the promotion was buy one year get the second year free. They have this promotion every now and then, so if you're interested, check back on the US treads in case it is offered again. What a deal!

Thanks for the info. I just booked for July 09', RPR, standard room for 211.00 AAA discount. Hope the rate will go down before then. I will keep checking. I guess I'll get the 7 day tickets and upgrade if needed.

You guys are the best

Simpsons, here we come.

if you stay at pbh or rph, you can get an upgrade (depending on your level)
with the loews you first program.

the ap does not give you free upgrades.

you can upgrade to the ap and pay the difference from the multiday pass to the cost of the ap at guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter