Annual Pass Question

disneyfreak71

Even Stewie Knows......GO STEELERS!
Hello. I have a potential work trip to Orlando later this year and we are planning a family trip in April. If everything opens back up by the end of this year, can I purchase an annual pass for myself and then use it for the family trip in April? I have never had an annual pass and I am not sure the specifics or linking it and all that stuff. If they have regular park hopper tickets, can they be added also in mde? Can we use the ap discounts for the group?

Thanks!!

Yes, an annual pass is good for one year after the first day it is used to enter a park.

And yes, one person can use the AP discounts for a group. For a merchandise purchase, the AP must make the purchase. For dining, officially it is for a party of up to 4 people total, but some locations/servers will allow it for larger groups. For resorts, an AP can reserve up to 3 rooms with the discount.

The only caveat is that you will have to book the family trip as a room only reservation, or a ticketless package (room and dining), and buy the other family members' tickets separately. This is because for a regular package reservation, everyone must have the same package elements.

To start with, considering that you're going there for work, are you even going to have time to go to the parks? At least, often enough to make it worthwhile? I know when I'm travelling for work, I don't. As much as I would love to be able to hit the parks when I'm Orlando for work, it's never been a reality for me.

To start with, considering that you're going there for work, are you even going to have time to go to the parks? At least, often enough to make it worthwhile? I know when I'm travelling for work, I don't. As much as I would love to be able to hit the parks when I'm Orlando for work, it's never been a reality for me.

I’m a trainer and used to travel to our Orlando office to do training. I would work it so that I could add a Disney day to the end or the beginning. One time training started Monday so I flew down Sunday morning, spent the day at the Food & Wine Festival, stayed in a a Disney hotel (my expense) and drove to the office in the morning. Another time, the training ended Thursday, I spent Thursday evening at the park, stayed over, took a vacation day on Friday, flew home Friday night. I had something going on that weekend so I didn’t stretch it out more. Did the same thing in California, flew out on Saturday morning, got a hotel on Hilton points, spent time at DL, drove to Universal Studios for a conference on Monday.

I miss those days, everything is online now.

I miss those days, everything is online now.

I’m 50/50 on that. Been doing mostly remote work for the last few years as more and more clients adopt it in favour of lower expenses. Been great being home with the kids every day, but at the same time, there are challenges, especially now a days with the schools closed and everyone being in the house, in working from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter