Annual Pass question...

littlemamma

Earning My Ears
Quick question about APs and Magicbands...if this has been asked somewhere else, please just redirect.

I just purchased my first AP last night, and will activate in February when I'm there. Our reservation was booked before I purchased the AP, so I've already customized my band with that reservation - though I still have 43 days to change or decline the band.

So my question is this, will I get a separate AP Magicband or will the one linked to my reservation be my AP band? Or do passholders no longer get Magic bands?

You will still get a magicband for the AP if you want it. There is mixed results but some can customize it before their AP is activated and some have to wait until after. I haven't figured out what triggers being able too but I think it's a disney resort stay that lets you customize it before activated (this is a guess).

If you never customize it, it will not ship so just take your resort bands and enjoy the trip! They ship immediately after customizing it so make sure you really want to get them right away (ships in 10 days).

You will still get a magicband for the AP if you want it. There is mixed results but some can customize it before their AP is activated and some have to wait until after. I haven't figured out what triggers being able too but I think it's a disney resort stay that lets you customize it before activated (this is a guess).

If you never customize it, it will not ship so just take your resort bands and enjoy the trip! They ship immediately after customizing it so make sure you really want to get them right away (ships in 10 days).

Thank you for the response! Where would I go to customize the AP band? I'm only seeing an option MDE for y resort stay in February....maybe I'm missing something, lol!

Thank you for the response! Where would I go to customize the AP band? I'm only seeing an option MDE for y resort stay in February....maybe I'm missing something, lol!

You won't get the option to customize your AP MB until you actually activate you AP. Probably about 2 weeks after that.

You won't see your AP band pop up for customization until you activate your AP. So you won't have your AP band for your first trip.

You won't see your AP band pop up for customization until you activate your AP. So you won't have your AP band for your first trip.

Thanks! That makes total sense - I think I must have just misread in my excitement to actually buying an AP!

Actually some are and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the difference between people who do and don't are. The best I have so far is disney resort stays but that's not always the case.

Actually some are and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the difference between people who do and don't are. The best I have so far is disney resort stays but that's not always the case.
I am going to say it's a glitch when it happens. We bought our AP and had a resort stay and we were unable to order AP MB until after we activated and used our AP. Same when I got DD an AP several months later. That is the normal process and if it does work different it's an anomaly.

OH, and order didn't matter either. We've done both, purchase AP, then book resort and book resort and then purchase AP. Both resulted in ordering our AP MB after we activated and used the AP

But, of course, it really doesn't matter. There is no difference at all between your AP magic band and your resort MB. They both look, smell and even taste the same. Both work identically and simultaneously. And, once you get hooked on going 7 times a year with your AP, you will get new bands for each of your 7 onsite stays.

The ONLY difference is that your AP MB comes with a slider that you can put on any of your current or future bands.

Quick question about APs and Magicbands...if this has been asked somewhere else, please just redirect.

I just purchased my first AP last night, and will activate in February when I'm there. Our reservation was booked before I purchased the AP, so I've already customized my band with that reservation - though I still have 43 days to change or decline the band.

So my question is this, will I get a separate AP Magicband or will the one linked to my reservation be my AP band? Or do passholders no longer get Magic bands?

Your AP will be on all magic bands once linked in MDE. The band is just a way for their system to read what is on your MDE account. So the AP is not specific to any one band, it will be on all of them. Once you activate your AP I do recommend ordering your AP band because you get a cute little slider with it that says "Annual Passholder" and the year.

Your AP will be on all magic bands once linked in MDE. The band is just a way for their system to read what is on your MDE account. So the AP is not specific to any one band, it will be on all of them. Once you activate your AP I do recommend ordering your AP band because you get a cute little slider with it that says "Annual Passholder" and the year.
Except they took the year off them, at least for last year. Will see if it's back for next year.

But, of course, it really doesn't matter. There is no difference at all between your AP magic band and your resort MB. They both look, smell and even taste the same. Both work identically and simultaneously. And, once you get hooked on going 7 times a year with your AP, you will get new bands for each of your 7 onsite stays.

The ONLY difference is that your AP MB comes with a slider that you can put on any of your current or future bands.

They taste the same, eh? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter