Annual Pass question

sigmaphi289

Mouseketeer
I am considering purchasing the annual pass, not the premium annual pass as I still have 10 days left on my non-expiration tickets for the water parks, DisneyQuest, etc. (all the park dates have been used)

What I want to know, if I purchase the annual pass this year without the premium option and upgrade the next year to the premium option do I get the renewal premium cost or do they see it as a completely new purchase?

Thanks

I am considering purchasing the annual pass, not the premium annual pass as I still have 10 days left on my non-expiration tickets for the water parks, DisneyQuest, etc. (all the park dates have been used)

What I want to know, if I purchase the annual pass this year without the premium option and upgrade the next year to the premium option do I get the renewal premium cost or do they see it as a completely new purchase?

Thanks

Yes, you will get the renewal price even if you upgrade to the PAP.

Keep in mind, however, that your new pass will start on the expiration date of this pass. Depending on your travel schedule it may be a better deal to simply pay for a new AP, not a renewal.

For example, this is what we do...
December '08 trip (start new AP)
October '09 trip (use existing AP)
December '10 (buy new AP, not a renewal)
October '11 (use existing AP)

If we renewed our AP it would expire at the time of our next trip so it really isn't beneficial for us to do so. Instead we simply purchase a new AP and the clock starts ticking the first time we actually use it.

You can get the renewal price for the Premium pass even if the pass you are renewing is a "plain" annual pass.

Yes, you will get the renewal price even if you upgrade to the PAP.

Keep in mind, however, that your new pass will start on the expiration date of this pass. Depending on your travel schedule it may be a better deal to simply pay for a new AP, not a renewal.

For example, this is what we do...
December '08 trip (start new AP)
October '09 trip (use existing AP)
December '10 (buy new AP, not a renewal)
October '11 (use existing AP)

If we renewed our AP it would expire at the time of our next trip so it really isn't beneficial for us to do so. Instead we simply purchase a new AP and the clock starts ticking the first time we actually use it.

I guess it would be better then to get a new pass on Jan 1 2009 which would cover us for full year no matter when we go to WDW. Right now our pass expires on Dec. 6 (we are departing WDW on Dec. 5, 2008. We have reservations for Feb. 2 2009 (5 days) and Dec. 6, 2009 (10 days), so I guess not worth it to renew? Opinions?

Thanks.

I guess it would be better then to get a new pass on Jan 1 2009 which would cover us for full year no matter when we go to WDW. Right now our pass expires on Dec. 6 (we are departing WDW on Dec. 5, 2008. We have reservations for Feb. 2 2009 (5 days) and Dec. 6, 2009 (10 days), so I guess not worth it to renew? Opinions?

Thanks.

If your Dec. '09 trip starts on 12/6 then I don't think it would be wise to renew. You'd be renewing from 12/6/08 - 12/6/09 so the pass wouldn't cover that Dec. '09 trip. You'd only be getting 5 days use (your Feb. trip) out of the pass, which doesn't make sense. If you purchase a new pass and activate it on 2/2/09 it will be good through 2/2/10 so it will cover that Dec. '09 trip and you'll get 15 days out of the pass.

If, however, your Dec. '09 trip ends on 12/6/09 then your renewal would cover that trip. If it were me I would probably think about rescheduling that Dec. '09 trip so that it fell within the dates for a renewal since it's only a difference of a week or two. Could you travel in November instead of December? If so you could renew and get the same number of days for less money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter