Annual pass prices

Janet Hill

DIS Veteran
How much is an annual pass with. the DVC discount, and when do prices normally increase.

Also we plan on getting a Table in Wonderland card and I'm wondering how to time getting this card. Our trip is planned end of Nov and we wouldn't be activating our passes until then and I thought the card has to be purchased in advance. Is it possible to purchase this card while there and start using it right away?

thanks

DVC Annual Pass prices:
Adults (ages 10+): $389
Children (ages3-9): $344

DVC Premium Annual Pass prices:
Adults (ages 10+): $494
Children (ages 3-9): 436

Above prices don't include the required 6.5% sales tax.

The TiW card is $75 for Annual Passholders and $100 for FL Residents (Non-passholder). You have to have an active AP to purchase the TiW card. You can purchase APs and the TiW card at any Guest Relations window (all 4 theme parks & Downtown Disney).

We just bought a regular AP a couple of weeks ago. $414.29 for an adult and $366.36 for a child (includes taxes). That's a $100 discount from regular prices.

The Premium AP's are $526.11 adult and $464.34 child.

TIW card doesn't have to be purchased in advance. When we bought the AP at Downtown Disney Guest Relations, we immediately purchased the TIW right after that (since we were then passholders) for the $75 rate. It's good for 13 months.

I used to order both AP's and TIW in advance, but I really don't see any advantage to that unless you think there will be a price hike. I don't think Disney has a "regular time of the year" that they do price hikes. They like to keep them a surprise! :rolleyes:

The last couple of price increases have been the first Sunday in August.

We just bought a regular AP a couple of weeks ago. $414.29 for an adult and $366.36 for a child (includes taxes). That's a $100 discount from regular prices.

The Premium AP's are $526.11 adult and $464.34 child.

TIW card doesn't have to be purchased in advance. When we bought the AP at Downtown Disney Guest Relations, we immediately purchased the TIW right after that (since we were then passholders) for the $75 rate. It's good for 13 months.

I used to order both AP's and TIW in advance, but I really don't see any advantage to that unless you think there will be a price hike. I don't think Disney has a "regular time of the year" that they do price hikes. They like to keep them a surprise! :rolleyes:

If we bought our TIW pass on June 21st 2010, would it be good until July 21st 2011 or would it be until the end of July 2011? TIA :goodvibes

If we bought our TIW pass on June 21st 2010, would it be good until July 21st 2011 or would it be until the end of July 2011? TIA :goodvibes

Unlike APs, TiW cards always expire at the end of a month, so the end of July in this case.

If we buy our AP in July (in case there is a price hike in Aug) but don't use them unitl our trip in November, when would they expire?:confused3

Does it go by when they are activated?

If we buy our AP in July (in case there is a price hike in Aug) but don't use them unitl our trip in November, when would they expire?:confused3

Does it go by when they are activated?

If you purchase an exchange voucher from MS or the member website, those don't expire. Once you exchange for the actual AP, that would expire 1 year from the date of exchange.

Just wanted to throw this in. If you are also going to DL, then you may want to concider a Premier Pass. They are 700 plus tax. It is like having a premium pass to both resorts. So now through Sep. 30 you get a 20% off merchandice and at DL 15% off a lot of food locations. The 15% is always in effect here at DL

Does anyone know if the Premier Pass has an expiry date they must be activated by? We are visiting WDW and DL in September 2011 and I was thinking if I purchased them now I might avoid any price rises :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the Premier Pass has an expiry date they must be activated by? We are visiting WDW and DL in September 2011 and I was thinking if I purchased them now I might avoid any price rises :thumbsup2
I don't believe that you can pre-purchase the new Premier Pass.

I found this reply from Thomas Smith (Disney Social Media Director) on the Disney Blog:
Also, the Premier Passport is only available for purchase at WDW Guest Relations (at the theme parks and at Downtown Disney) and at the DLR Box Office. The Premier Passport will not be available to purchase online. However, information about the Premier Passport will be available online.

Is the $100 discount the DVC discount? This will be our first time to purchase AP's with the DVC discount. Did you call to receive this price? Thanks for any info! =)

So you can buy TIW card at any Guest Relations? We were going to purchase our AP's at the park, so this would be much easier--I thought we had to go to Downtown Disney.

So you can buy TIW card at any Guest Relations? We were going to purchase our AP's at the park, so this would be much easier--I thought we had to go to Downtown Disney.
Yes, we purchased our TIW at Epcot's Guest Relations office in April.

I found this reply from Thomas Smith (Disney Social Media Director) on the Disney Blog:

Thank you very much. Well we may as well wait and get it from WDW as we will be going back to DL in July 2012 so it will still work out a better deal even with price increases ;)

If you go to the DVC Member site and go to WDW offers, it is the first one. Click on the link and it allows you to access the special price.

Does anyone know roughly how much the August rate increase generally is?

I think I will pony up for an AP before my next trip in November, but won't bother to buy my pass early if it only saves me $10 or so. If they generally go up $50, though, I'd think about buying it before the rates increase...

I have in my head somewhere in the 5% range but may need to be corrected. Have ordered to beat the price increase before & it was not a problem at Guest Services. It was enough to warrant the savings for us (2Adult/2 kids) but we usually go in the fall so it was nice to just have it already taken care of..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter