Annual pass parking

dkal95

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out how this will work.

We are a family of 6 staying offsite. I'm the only one with an annual pass because I am going back later this year.
I imagine we will all go to the parks together in the mornings, but my husband isn't quite the Disney freak that I am and so he will usually leave during the day with the little ones if they're tired and go back to the house to relax.

Do we get a parking pass for the day when we enter the gates with my annual pass in the morning, that is good the whole day?
Will he have issues getting back in with free parking if he comes back to the parks with the little ones later in the evening?

Does that make sense?

I've never had an annual pass before so I have no clue what I'm doing or what to expect.

I do not believe you normally get any kind of vehicle pass when you show an AP--they just wave you in. So, he may have a problem getting in without you.

Exactly, if he left alone, he would have to pay to park when he returned. They are now scanning AP when you go thru the gates, they even asked me for my ID at the MK gate the other day for the first time in 14 years of having an AP. They do not give out a parking pass at Disney unless you are staying onsite. Hope this helps:)

I believe the AP holder must be present. they don't give a receipt or anything.

AP holder must be in the car and able to show either AP or AP Discount Card and a matching ID. For me most of the time they look closely at it to verify. They do not give us any kind of parking pass, receipt or anything. I would guess that if you are paying for your parking, then you get a receipt of payment that you will use if you park hop.

Like others have said, AP has to be in the car to get free parking. If your husband leaves and returns later and doesn't have an AP or anyone else in the car isn't an AP then he'd have to pay to park.

For AP's, when we park we show our gold AP discount card along with ID. Most of the time if you just show the AP card they ask for photo ID, so it's easiest to just have both ready. If we don't have our gold card on us they can scan the AP's magic band. We normally show the card and have only scanned the magic band maybe 3 times. But every time with the scanning, they've never asked for ID.

Also note that they don't always take the gold AP card and ID and analyse them to verify its the right person. About half the time they wave us through without even making a full stop. Just a heads up so you're not surprised if they don't take the cards from you to look at

If all he is doing is coming back to pick up you and the older kids, he should tell the CM and they will point him towards where he can park to pick you up....each park is a bit different, but MK for instance you actually head towards the Grand Floridian and then park right behind the Lost and Found (where the buses pull in). You can't leave your car, but you can wait for your family to get there (I do it often to pick up my girls, they call when they're leaving MK for the monorail and I almost always beat them there, our offsite vacation rental home is that close). AK they have you pull into either the disabled parking or what used to be (until Jan 1) the AAA Diamond parking. DHS they have to pull up to the gore line by the disabled or cab stand, and EPCOT they have to drive all the way up to the front rows to wait.

If you saying he wants to take the littles back for a nap and then join you....he's going to have pay for parking, or pick you up at one of the monorail resorts and return to the parking lot with you and your Pass. Kinda a waste of your time in the park though, but it would probably work.

Also note that they don't always take the gold AP card and ID and analyse them to verify its the right person. About half the time they wave us through without even making a full stop. Just a heads up so you're not surprised if they don't take the cards from you to look at

But you never know when they will stop and ask for ID either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter