• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Holder / room discounts?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi - Is it worth me getting an annual pass purely for room discounts??

We will probably be staying 6 nights at HRH (week leading up to Christmas)and 3 nights at Portofino (over New Years) - Would those dates still qualify for AP discounts or are they too 'popular'??:confused3

thanks for any info!!:goodvibes

Our room discounts have easily paid for all 4 of our APs. To get an idea of the discount, enter APH in the Promotion Code box. We last stayed at HRH in Jan and it was $100 off per night, reg. and club level. Same amt off PBH in Nov.
For our upcoming Sept visit, it's only about $40 off the supersaver rate. We usually travel at non-peak times so the discount is always available.

I would recommend you book your room right away as this is peak travel season, esp. the NY's part. I doubt they'd be offering discounts but it can't hurt to keep checking. If you find a great APH rate that makes it worth buying, you could then buy one online so you have proof at checkin and then just call to have your rate adjusted.

You don't have to buy an AP just to search for APH rates. Also if you do buy an AP to get room discounts, remember that the Power Pass APs don't qualify for room discounts. You must get Preferred Annual Pass or higher to get hotel disc.

Can I book more then one room for our family of six if just one of us has an annual pass? What benefits are there if I purchase there premium annual pass? Thanks.

Can I book more then one room for our family of six if just one of us has an annual pass? What benefits are there if I purchase there premium annual pass? Thanks.

if you book 2 rooms, a person in each room needs to have the ap for the discount.

policy is one ap holder per room.

if you have little children, you can have the husband booked for one room and the wife booked for another connecting room
how you divide the sleeping arrangements does not matter to the hotel, only the name on the room for the ap holder.

but that only works if both parents have the ap.

No, only 1 room per AP.

premier benefits
http://www.universalorlando.com/annualpass/ap_premdiscounts_popup.html

preferred benefits
http://www.universalorlando.com/annualpass/ap_prefdiscounts_popup.html

If you don't need it right away, you can watch for specials. We bought ours last summer when they offered 2nd year free. The pref ap is only $109 to renew.

Yes, it is so worth it...I checked Uni's website today just to see ap rates for the Royal Pac. We are staying from July 4th checking out on the 11th. I already had a 207.40 AAA rate at Royal Pac. and cancelled that for 204.00 APH at Portofino Bay (this is the only hotel we have not been to, so I was excited). I went back today and saw Royal Pac. for 155.40 APH for the first 2 nights and it goes down to 146.40 the rest of the nights. (Rates were 194.00 aph Royal Pac during the week, they went down fast) We were originally booked for 5 nights but with the new rates we are skipping Disney for 2 nights and staying onsite all 7. :cool1:
I guess I need to change my ticker...again!!

I am really excited about those rates...the cheapest I have paid for Royal Pacific was 224.00 the week of Thanksgiving 06. I never expected to pay anything under 200. And the only times i could go are very peak seasons.
I did pay 194.00 for an obstructed view at HRH for 4th of july week last year. But 155.00 and 146.00 amazed me,(its cheaper than the rates at Port Orleans for that time) I am soooooo ready to leave in 13 days!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter