Annual Pass for Aussies?

WendyTJ

Earning My Ears
I did look but unable to confirm. Can we buy an annual pass? I have read the terms and conditions and there is no mention that I can find that one is required to be USA resident. However a friend just mentioned that she thought only USA residents could purchase.

Much appreciated I leave on Friday and would need to buy the 10 day pass here otherwise

Thanks

Hi WendyTJ

If you are referring to the Disneyland Annual pass, we have bought them in the past with no problems (Deluxe) and were also able to renew before the 12 months were up. There is another annual pass just for residents of Southern California, maybe that was the one your friend was referring to?

Yep, you can purchase all the annual passes available (with the exception of the So Cal pass which requires a residential address within the Southern Californian area).

By getting the second level or higher pass you get free photo pass!

I worked out the savings for my family and we would need to do a 6 or more day stay to make purchasing one annual pass for our family worthwhile (thanks to the increase of the prices of the passes).

I would most definitely get the annual pass for at least one member of the family for Disneyland for sure. The discounts you get in food and merch is definitely worth it but the savings of nearly $40 per day for PhotoPass is really worth it.

The 5 days at WDW won't be money for value (all but one of the passes are exclusive to one coast or the other - the premier pass [https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/premier-passport/] is a bit more expensive but includes all US parks. You would have to crunch the numbers to see if it is worth it for you and your family)

Sorry to Hi-jack the thread but if there are two of us heading to Disneyworld for 10 days is it worth an annual pass for one of us?

Sorry to Hi-jack the thread but if there are two of us heading to Disneyworld for 10 days is it worth an annual pass for one of us?

When we crunched the numbers, it worked out cheaper to buy 10 day passes. But it depends on how much you will use the discounts/perks of having the AP. We don't stay onsite, eat much TS or buy much merch. If you were going to spend a lot of money on any of these things, it might be worth it for you - you'd really have to crunch the numbers yourself using your best estimates of your spend per day on food and merch (and also take into account AP discount if you're staying onsite).

Welcome to Disney Fuzzy Maths (DFM)!

If you're going to WDW for that amount of time, it generally works out cheaper to buy a 10 day pass. I've certainly bought 10-day passes twice before. BUT it depends on what you're doing for accommodation as well as food etc. Both times that I bought the 10 day passes, we were in the period of a generous room-only discount/Free Dining or we rented points off a DVC member to stay. If you want to stay on-site and there weren't a room-only discount available for your travel period, then it may be worth running the numbers to see what it looks like with an annual pass and the discount for the room (assuming that there was a room offer available at that time).

Remember that if you stay on-site for WDW, then chances are you're probably going to be dining in the World a fair bit. The savings can add up for food.

I would suggest not worth getting one annual pass.
With an annual pass if you were staying offsite and driving you would get the parking free. On-site you get parking free or use the Disney transport anyway. Annual passes normally give 10% discount on merchandise. Also with one annual pass you could get the TIW card for $150 and then get 20% discount on dining but with only two of you it would take many ADR's to get the value.

Thanks for the replies! It's hard to crunch the numbers so far out! But thanks for pointing out all the things to look at.
ColinA what is a TIW card?
We would also want Photo pass, is that Memory Maker at WDW? Its like $150 but included in a yearly... all things to look at

Thanks for the replies! It's hard to crunch the numbers so far out! But thanks for pointing out all the things to look at.
ColinA what is a TIW card?
We would also want Photo pass, is that Memory Maker at WDW? Its like $150 but included in a yearly... all things to look at

TIW card is Tables In Wonderland. Only available to Annual pass holders or DVC members.

PhotoPass gets the photo, Memory Maker lets you download it. It is included in an annual pass otherwise pay the extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter