annual pass for 3 year old

hickorysss

Earning My Ears
my son turns 3 next month and our whole family has annual passes but we will need to purchase him one. i wanted to know if anyone has experienced this situation and has been able to successfully purchase one in this case during the new annual pass purchase lock. obviously we are not going to go without him so if we can’t purchase him one, we can’t use our passes either. i chatted with disney and was told to visit disney springs guest services, but i don’t know if they will help us or turn us down, so i wanted to see if there were any success stories for this situation before we trek to disney springs

my son turns 3 next month and our whole family has annual passes but we will need to purchase him one. i wanted to know if anyone has experienced this situation and has been able to successfully purchase one in this case during the new annual pass purchase lock. obviously we are not going to go without him so if we can’t purchase him one, we can’t use our passes either. i chatted with disney and was told to visit disney springs guest services, but i don’t know if they will help us or turn us down, so i wanted to see if there were any success stories for this situation before we trek to disney springs

You should be able to negotiate the purchase (or not) via phone before your trip.
It is just a matter of getting through to someone who can actually make that kind of executive decision.

About what are you are specifically asking?
They’re asking if they’ll be allowed to purchase an AP for their child who is turning 3. The rest of the family has APs but the child doesn’t as they didn’t need a pass previously. With AP sales paused right now, they’re not selling APs to anyone unless it’s a renewal.

For an answer, I have seen conflicting info on this on the boards. Some people have been able to purchase one for a family member if they had active ones. Other people have not. But I think in your case, since the child never had a park pass previously and is turning 3, they would probably work with you. I would call the VIP Passholder phone line again and see if you can do it over the phone.

i just called vipassholder line and this person also said disney springs and that there is no guarantee but it would be up to them. so that is what we will try.

My experience with Guest Services at Disney Springs is that they tend to be pretty accomodating, if approached reasonably and nicely. We had purchased a ticket for our DGD for our trip last week. She was unable to come with us at the last moment. I went to Guest Services at DS to inquire about the process of using that ticket in the future, knowing it would disappear from my MDE after our trip. All I really wanted was the ticket number for my records so I could easily use it next year. The first thing GS offered was to refund the ticket to my credit card. I didn't really want that - just wanted to use the ticket (or value later). That seemed to confuse them. Ultimately, they moved the purchase price of the ticket to a gift card, which I'll use later. CM was super nice and seemed to have an exceptional amount of leeway as to what she could do for me.

Steve

I was able to purchase an annual pass yesterday over the phone for daughter who recently turned 3. The rest of the family are already passholders. It was very quick and easy once I finally reached someone on the phone.... had a hold time of little over an hour before I was able to speak to someone.

Coming to this discussion late an understand OP already has resolution. But I'm wondering if it was not an option to just purchasing the child a 3-9 ticket and then upgrading the ticket to an AP once at the parks or Disney Springs? I have an AP and my 5 YO doesnt. I just bought him a 6 day ticket for our trip and plan to upgrade him to an AP once we get to the parks in October.

Coming to this discussion late an understand OP already has resolution. But I'm wondering if it was not an option to just purchasing the child a 3-9 ticket and then upgrading the ticket to an AP once at the parks or Disney Springs? I have an AP and my 5 YO doesnt. I just bought him a 6 day ticket for our trip and plan to upgrade him to an AP once we get to the parks in October.
You should be able to do this at guest services with no problem. I just did it New Year’s Day without any issues

You should be able to do this at guest services with no problem. I just did it New Year’s Day without any issues

Wait, @ucf_knight, you were able to upgrade a regular ticket to an AP this month?? Why doesn't everyone who wants to buy an AP do this?

Wait, @ucf_knight, you were able to upgrade a regular ticket to an AP this month?? Why doesn't everyone who wants to buy an AP do this?
As long as you as a parent previously had or currently have an AP you will be able to do this. You would not be able to If you as a parent did not have an AP already. Essentially Disney is making exceptions for current and very recent AP holders even those who canceled during Covid. They are not selling AP’s to anyone without a very recent history of previously having them. I called The annual passholder phone number and they said to me that they sell them on a case by case basis in person only. Went to guest services in person and it wasn’t an issue. I did not do your specific route of buying a ticket and upgrading. My daughters pass expired in November and we did not renew as we weren’t sure when we were going to come back. We came in for New Years and the night before we went to the parks I went to guest services and they sold me an ap for her. My wife, son and Myself had AP’s and park reservations set. They took care of adding my daughters park reservations as well.

just to clarify. My AP is a voucher/certificate that will not be activated until its first use in October. My son's ticket is valid for our trip timing in October. I planned to activate my AP on first night in Disney Springs, and was going to inquire into the upgrade of his ticket at the same time. I was hoping that my October they would be selling APs again, but if they are lowkey upgrading to APs right now, I'm happy with that news!

I let my daughters expire and then renewed in person. I was not able to renew over the phone
That’s where your situation is different, your daughter had a pass during the shutdown and it lapsed in November, so you were eligible to purchase the new one. If she hadn’t had one during that time, they MAY not have let you purchase one for her. Others have been turned down from buying one for a family member (child or parent) if they didn’t have one during the past year.

That’s where your situation is different, your daughter had a pass during the shutdown and it lapsed in November, so you were eligible to purchase the new one. If she hadn’t had one during that time, they MAY not have let you purchase one for her. Others have been turned down from buying one for a family member (child or parent) if they didn’t have one during the past year.
Correct but OP’s kid will just now be eligible for an AP since they are just now turning 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter