• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass discounts

pcotten

Earning My Ears
I am going to Universal for the first time. There seem to be no discounts available at this time for the Royal Pacific. The price for a standard room is the same ($189) whether I use Entertainment Card, AAA or Loews Membership number. But using the Annual pass, there seems to be a discount available.

If I were to purchase 2-Park Power Pass for $106 each for myself and my son, I am assuming that gives me unlimited access to the to parks (for one year from the date of first use) and I could also use the annual pass for discount on the hotel. Am I right?

Also, where are some nice restaurants to dine in? I am not talking fancy but good places where we would eat breakfast (such as IHOP, etc.), lunch and dinner. How far are they from Royal Pacific resort?

Are we allowed to carry a small backpack when going on rides? I will need some place to carry a camcorder and camera.

Ando how do people deal with getting wet on some of these rides? Are there lockers we can rent, etc?

Thanks for your help.

Citywalk is closest for dining u have cinnabons and pastamore for breakfast also the orchid lounge at RPR have a selection in the parks at universal i highly recommend Finnegans very good food as for cameras on rides most don't allow them Hulk etc definite no carry ons strictly enforced:jester:

The Power Pass doesn't get you any discounts in the parks. You need the Preferred Annual Pass to do that. The hotels, most report, will accept the Power Pass for the hotel discount, but I would call the hotel to be sure.

The Power Pass does have black-out dates, so check carefully before purchasing. The Preferred Pass is the one that has unlimited access and no black-out dates. What are your dates? The Power Pass has lots of black out dates in the summer, and near the holidays.

Sorry I can't help you with your breakfast question. We aren't breakfast people so we've never eaten breakfast at UO.

Each ride is different as to what you can carry on. On The Mummy, you can't even bring a fanny pack on. There are lockers near the entrance to most of the rides, and the lockers are free for a short time (not sure if it's 1/2 hour or full hour) so you can store your belongings during the ride.

Everyone has their personal preferences for restaurants. Many like Mythos in IOA, Margaritaville in CW. Depends on how casual/fancy you want it and what you feel like eating.

Good luck!

I will call and check with the hotels if they discount rates with Power Pass. I am going August 22 - 25. Those dates aren't blacked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter