Annual Pass Discounts?

Elaine R

Earning My Ears
I was looking at mousesavers and noticed that the annual pass discounts on Disney resport rooms that are posted right now are amazing! The discount on the room would pay for the pass and then some. I have a few questions about them.

1. What are the annual pass discounts like throughout the year? We are looking at going in Sept. 2008.

2. How far in advance are they announced? Should I make a room only ressiewhen the time comes and then if they are announces then can I apply the discounts to the room?

3. Are the discounts hard to get/ very limited?

4. How far in advance should I book a room? Nine months or so? Is this enough time? We are going with a group of people and I am completely obsessed with planning this trip. (My DH is going to hate Disney by the time we get there. LOL) That what you get when a hormonal pregnant lady with obsessive/ compulsive tendancies plan a vacation with 12 people. On the other hand I don't want them to think that hyper obsessive planning lady is going to suck all the fun out of the trip.

An AP is the greatest. You can get a AP voucher now and be able to book at the AP site or on the phone.You can also order your AP at phone 407-560-7277.Now to answer your questions
1. The discounts from the past were about $80 durning the slow season to
$130 during the peak seasons.

2. The rates are released 2 to 4 months out.

3. If you check the Dis site you will see when the discounts are released.I have always been able to get the AP rates by calling as soon as I saw AP rates released.

4. You can book your reservation 500 days in advance and if you do it by phone you can cancel up to 5 days before.If you use the web site it is 45 days before to cancel with all fees returned.You only need to pay 1 days rent to reserve your room.

An AP discount can only be applied to an existing reservation if the same room type is available for the discount on those dates. Many times you will need to be flexible with resort choice.
I only make a reservation when the discounts come out, because, basically I am not willing to pay rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter