annual pass discount - going away?

spiceycat

dvc-blt
looks like the DVC member discount is going away.

the dvc member site says it is only good until April 30, 2014.

looks like the DVC member discount is going away. the dvc member site says it is only good until April 30, 2014.

That would be sad, because were not that interested in the new offers (although may get the PAP just because the price is so close) but thankfully, I arrive April 12 to buy our APs. Not sure why they couldn't keep that AP offer. It was the best perk we ever used.

think I got confused.

looks like they are talking about the current offer on PAP not AP.

Our current PAPs expire in December. Can I take advantage of this years offer? We will be in WDW in April and would like to extend the passes to December 2015. Can that be done?:confused3

Our current PAPs expire in December. Can I take advantage of this years offer? We will be in WDW in April and would like to extend the passes to December 2015. Can that be done?:confused3

The offer to buy the PAP at $484 (plus tax) is from 2/6 to 4/30. You get a voucher and then must activate it by 1/31/2015 (so if you are going in Dec 2014, activate then and they'll be good through 12/2015). This is for the WDW PAP and not the DL passes (I think those are activated when you buy them in person).

The offer to buy the PAP at $484 (plus tax) is from 2/6 to 4/30. You get a voucher and then must activate it by 1/31/2015 (so if you are going in Dec 2014, activate then and they'll be good through 12/2015). This is for the WDW PAP and not the DL passes (I think those are activated when you buy them in person).

Yes...we will be able to activate in December, 2014. Great! Compared to what we paid to renew in December, the new price is great!

I was going to buy 3 AP's last week but I was not able to. I hope that the discount for regular AP's are still available. Does anyone know details on regular AP's? It would be a shame if they forced DVC owners to choose between a more expensive PAP and a regular ticket. I guess we will see in a few days.

I was going to buy 3 AP's last week but I was not able to. I hope that the discount for regular AP's are still available. Does anyone know details on regular AP's? It would be a shame if they forced DVC owners to choose between a more expensive PAP and a regular ticket. I guess we will see in a few days.

Member pricing on the AP is still available and is not going away. If your DVC information is linked to MDE, you can purchase them on-line at: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/

I have been searching and cannot seem to locate a discounted price for DVC members with the regular annual pass. Perhaps someone had better luck finding that information than I did and could help me out.

I have been searching and cannot seem to locate a discounted price for DVC members with the regular annual pass. Perhaps someone had better luck finding that information than I did and could help me out.

It's $464.

Do you have to buy the new PAPs in person or can you do it over the phone?

So we can buy this PAP before the end date of the offer, BUT not activate it until our trip in November, correct? That would in essence make the PAP active from 11/2014 to 11/2015? We have had AP's before, but I've never purchased one on an offer like this, so I want to check.

Also, even with the discounted price of the usual AP, I think you are better off going with the PAP for the couple of dollars difference.

So we can buy this PAP before the end date of the offer, BUT not activate it until our trip in November, correct? That would in essence make the PAP active from 11/2014 to 11/2015? We have had AP's before, but I've never purchased one on an offer like this, so I want to check.

From 2/6 through 4/30, you will be able to purchase by phone or on-line and receive a will call confirmation number. You have until 1/31/2015 to pickup the actual passes on that will call confirmation. You can also link the will call confirmation number to MDX which will allow you to make FP+ selections for an eligible resort stay.

Also, even with the discounted price of the usual AP, I think you are better off going with the PAP for the couple of dollars difference.
In addition to the four theme parks, the PAP also gets you two water parks, DisneyQuest, ESPN WWOS and green fees at the Oak Trail Golf Course. If you use any of these 'Premium' options just once, you will come out ahead.

Both the regular AP and the PAP include free parking at the theme parks (saves $15 if staying off-property).

From 2/6 through 4/30, you will be able to purchase by phone or on-line and receive a will call confirmation number. You have until 1/31/2015 to pickup the actual passes on that will call confirmation. You can also link the will call confirmation number to MDX which will allow you to make FP+ selections for an eligible resort stay.

In addition to the four theme parks, the PAP also gets you two water parks, DisneyQuest, ESPN WWOS and green fees at the Oak Trail Golf Course. If you use any of these 'Premium' options just once, you will come out ahead.

Both the regular AP and the PAP include free parking at the theme parks (saves $15 if staying off-property).

Thanks! We had the PAP a couple years ago, and LOVED it. The price just got too high (until now) to get it again.

The regular (non-promo) member prices for the annual passes has been put back up on the member website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter