• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual pass deal

I used UT for a four day trip in December. The ticket was right at 350. On my last day I upgraded to a seasonal pass (the cheapest one) and they gave me back $8 and change. 👍

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about annual passes. Why wouldn’t someone get the pass first instead of buying a four day tickets and upgrading on the last day? I’m curious what the advantages of that would be. Wouldn’t you be able to get discounts on parking, foos, merch, etc if you just get the pass initially?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about annual passes. Why wouldn’t someone get the pass first instead of buying a four day tickets and upgrading on the last day? I’m curious what the advantages of that would be. Wouldn’t you be able to get discounts on parking, foos, merch, etc if you just get the pass initially?
Probably because they didn't know about or consider the annual pass till the last day and then realized it was a better deal than the 4 day ticket.

Even the 2 day ticket, the AP is a better deal.

Only the more expensive passes get you deals on food/merch. For the days we’ve gone the seasonal APs have always been about the same as a 4 day ticket and slightly more expensive if the tickets were bought on a third party site.

It used to be that if you bought tickets you could get into US during concert blackout dates and then convert to a seasonal pass after the concert days so you wouldn’t lose the ability to go to US on your first trip (during concert season). I don’t know if that’s still the case or if they now make you buy a higher level season pass if you went to US on the tickets. In our case it made more sense to convert the tickets after the concert dates so there are circumstances other than just not knowing about it to do the conversion.

Last edited:

Yes, it is still the case that you can do it. I just did it on Jan 4. I bought 3 day tix for Jan 2,3,4. Jan 2&3 were blockout days for the seasonal pass, so if I bought the pass before the trip I would have had to buy preferred. So by upgrading on the last day I was able to upgrade my whole family of 4 to seasonal instead (saved a few hundred $). I still bought preferred for myself (just one person) so I could have the discounts.

Also - you can get a ticket from an authorized reseller for maybe a $50 discount but you'll get the full ticket price when you choose to upgrade so you're effectively getting a discount on an AP. You don't have to wait until the last day either. We bought tickets on UT figuring what ticket offered us the biggest savings whose applied value will be less than the AP cost and then upgraded first thing. Basically bought a $300 ticket on UT and paid $8 to upgrade it to a seasonal pass giving us the benefit of the UT discount on our AP.

Sorry to follow up, but does this method make it possible to buy annual passes even though they're not currently being sold by Disney?

Anybody know if i can buy the Undercover Tourist park to park 3 day plus 2 days and then upgrade at park (coming on a concert date and dont want to be shut out with the season pass.) We are only interested in season pass... or with plum benefits?

I don’t have the answer but would like to know as well. I see that the annual passes went up in price and the basic seasonal is now 399.00. I imagine transferring from a basic 3 day (2 day free) ticket to a seasonal pass now, would be around 120.00 if I bought my ticket for 279.00 on UT. If anyone has experience, I’d like to hear.

I imagine transferring from a basic 3 day (2 day free) ticket to a seasonal pass now, would be around 120.00 if I bought my ticket for 279.00 on UT. If anyone has experience, I’d like to hear.
You would get the value that Universal charges for your specific ticket. Usually they charge a few dollars more than UT, so you'd save a little, but nothing Earth shattering.

If I have a 3 day 3 park tickets can I upgrade them to an 2 park annual pass after using it in volcano bay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter