• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Meeting-Does It Pay To Go?

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
Just got the notice (actually notices--they sent 2) about the annual meeting. I will be in WDW when it occurs. Does it pay to go? I assume there is no swag LOL.

No swag but it is most Members' best opportunity to witness the inner workings of DVC and pose questions to management. They will have the general managers of most DVC resorts on hand, finance people, independent auditors and certainly Claire Bilby. Resolutions will be passed by the board (no member feedback.) Resorts will discuss noteworthy achievements in 2011 and plans for 2012. Then they will have an open Q&A for members.

The Q&A is sort of fascinating because it's apparent many members don't have a good grasp on timeshares. There will be questions about why members don't get "free dining" or why we don't get lower point rooms when Disney offers things like 30% off room rates to cash guests. There will be general complaints about room cleanliness, transportation, annual dues, lack of perks, dates of the member cruise and pretty much everything else you can think of.

If nothing else it's a pretty eye-opening experience.

If you have some time on that Thursday (12/8) I would swing by the contemporary and just watch. Doors open 1:30pm with it starting at 2pm. Imho it is important for as many owners as possible to be present, if only to show management that the owners do truly care what is going on and we are paying attention. :)

We have participated twice in recent years. I would again gladly but we arrive that day a few hours after it begins - Dang!

I personally wouldn't waste my vacation on that. It is just a formality in which members have no say whatsoever.

I personally wouldn't waste my vacation on that. It is just a formality in which members have no say whatsoever.

I tend to agree.

I will give it another try to see if anything changes with Bilby running things but in the past, it has seemed like a show that they were forced to put on.

They went through the motions and listened to comments from a few members, but I don't think that we make any difference.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter