Here's the actual dollar amounts that each resort went up per point
AKV 0.2999
BCV 0.1446
BLT 0.1855
BWV 0.1658
OKW 0.1964
SSR 0.1019
VWL 0.1334

I think this is the important info here. If all resorts went up the same % the resorts with higher dues would look like an outrageous increase compared to the lower ones.....yet the amount would be equal. When I see BLT with a higher percent than OKW you feel a certain way, but when you look at actual dollar amounts, BLT increase was less than OKW. Statistics can be presented in a variety of ways....but this is he most important statistic.....real $ numbers. When I see this, I say to myself.....thank goodness I own BLT vs AKV. If I remember AKV also went up 8% last year.....and 8% at AKV is higher than 8% at BLT.

The reall question is what's going on at SSR to keep their increase so low compared to the other resorts?

I think this is the important info here. If all resorts went up the same % the resorts with higher dues would look like an outrageous increase compared to the lower ones.....yet the amount would be equal. When I see BLT with a higher percent than OKW you feel a certain way, but when you look at actual dollar amounts, BLT increase was less than OKW. Statistics can be presented in a variety of ways....but this is he most important statistic.....real $ numbers. When I see this, I say to myself.....thank goodness I own BLT vs AKV. If I remember AKV also went up 8% last year.....and 8% at AKV is higher than 8% at BLT.

The reall question is what's going on at SSR to keep their increase so low compared to the other resorts?

I believe the analysis for last years dues said that SSR was greatly helped by lower property taxes, thanks to low resale prices. But I'm not certain about this year, no one compiles the historic dues breakdown by category.

I was just thinking. 2013 was the first full year SSR operated the new, additional Feature pool, yet SSR's dues increases still remain the lowest.

I was told during construction by a Disney executive that the pool was paid for by Disney, not the owners.

:earsboy: Bill

And I am happy to pay my share I bought AKV because of the animals
To throw fuel on the fire ...

As a stand-alone destination, AKL/AKV is WDW at its best. (I've stayed at all WDW resorts except for Art Of Animation. :) )

Still, it doesn't explain why AKV dues are up 19% in 3 years.

luckyman_apd said:

I read somewhere that SSR dues increases are inversely proportional to the number of "I am not a fan of SSR" posts.
:-)

Always interesting (and often entertaining) reading here on the DIS!!!

I own at one of the most expensive HHI (240 points) up 4.36% and one of the lowest SSR ( 260 points) up 2.1%. Owning at SSR helps a little with the sticker shock of HHI.

Question for the experts.

Much of BLT's increase was caused by staffing the BLT lobby most of the day. BLT also subsidizes the CR lobby staffing. Is there some reason not to staff BLT 24 hours a day and eliminate the expenses for the CR lobby staff? The CR staff could direct all BLT guests to the BLT lobby. (No different than Jambo directing Kidani guests to Kidani lobby)

(OK, other than the obvious fact that BLT owners subsidizing CR lobby staff reduces Disney CR expenses).

Question for the experts.

Much of BLT's increase was caused by staffing the BLT lobby most of the day. BLT also subsidizes the CR lobby staffing. Is there some reason not to staff BLT 24 hours a day and eliminate the expenses for the CR lobby staff? The CR staff could direct all BLT guests to the BLT lobby. (No different than Jambo directing Kidani guests to Kidani lobby)

(OK, other than the obvious fact that BLT owners subsidizing CR lobby staff reduces Disney CR expenses).

Other than Magical Express drops off at the main building and directs all the guests there. Plus I'm not sure there is much storage space at BLT for outgoing luggage or luggage being transferred to another resort.

Other than Magical Express drops off at the main building and directs all the guests there. Plus I'm not sure there is much storage space at BLT for outgoing luggage or luggage being transferred to another resort.

Bellhop was at the BLT entrance taking our bags when we arrived in September. I understand they may need to store luggage at CR luggage area and BLT owners would pay a portion of that cost.

IMHO, paying for 5 workers in the BLT lobby (which is what they had in September) for most of the day plus paying a percentage for the CR lobby staff (based on CR/BLT room percentage) is waste.

Personally, I'm ok with checking in at CR or at BLT. It's paying for staff at both places that seems out of place. CR and BLT lobby are not that far apart, so why not have everyone check in at one location and save owners some money.

Bellhop was at the BLT entrance taking our bags when we arrived in September. I understand they may need to store luggage at CR luggage area and BLT owners would pay a portion of that cost.

IMHO, paying for 5 workers in the BLT lobby (which is what they had in September) for most of the day plus paying a percentage for the CR lobby staff (based on CR/BLT room percentage) is waste.

Personally, I'm ok with checking in at CR or at BLT. It's paying for staff at both places that seems out of place. CR and BLT lobby are not that far apart, so why not have everyone check in at one location and save owners some money.

Because we agreed by buying that Disney has the power to make all decisions for us and we agreed to pay them to manage the DVC.

DIS savvy owners are the minority and IMO most owners just pay their dues without a second thought.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter