Annual December trip, 2009 version

mikoiv

Mouseketeer
We completed our annual WDW December/Christmas visit, this years dates were December 2 thru December 7th.
We stayed at Coronado Springs- had a confirmation for a King/Water View at Annual Pass rate ($128 with tax) unfortunately that did not work out and we ended up in a queen parking lot view in Rancho's. I understand stuff happens but the CM did not even mention the change to us (our bad for not verifying at check-in but I do put some trust in confirmed room types reservations especially since they took my deposit). We called and of course all the King and/or Water views were filled, the CM told us they would reduce the rate to $89, nice of her since we were not getting what we paid for. Only one more issue with CSR, first full day the room was only half cleaned, glasses we used were left, ice bucket had melted water, not toiletries replaced and the second queen bed was not fully made up. Everything else at CSR was ok, food court was never too crowded and busses were reasonable.
We enjoyed the Candlelight at EPCOT (Stephen Curtis Chapman was impressive), did the dinner package at Nine Dragons. New for this year, you get a "preferrerd" viewing area for Illuminations (center across the bridge between 2 stores by Future World). That was a nice touch and it was not very crowded in the area.
Friday and Saturday (4-5 Dec) were pretty lousy weather days, really heavy rain all day. We ate at Mama Melrose-always consistent. Rain was bad enough to cancel Osborne lights on Friday night. They were on about 15-20 minutes and you could see a fair amount were not on so they called it quits.
We went to AK on Saturday, rain was still pretty bad but crowds were down. We ate at Yak and Yeti for lunch at noon, about half filled. We went to Artists Point for dinner (celebrating 34th Anniversarr delayed from September). I always enjoy dinner there and was not disapointed this time either. They prepared a special desert for us with creme, blueberries, rasberries, ice cream and cake. Very nice. This was the first time I used the online reservation process and they got the note about our anniversarry. We went to MK after dinner (1pm closing) and did a few rides and watched the late parade in fornt of shooting gallery, light crowds for the late parade.
Sunday we did some shopping at DTD and then went to MVMCP. Seems as admission goes up, events go down. The Stitch Christmas was cute but no match for the Night Before Christmas it replaced. Holiday Wishes were good as ever, we watched late Parade (in front of shooting gallery again) and it was a bit more crowded than Saturday night. We had priority seating for Liberty Tavern at 4 but camcelled out and just had a bite at Cosmic Rays. We bought our usual MVMCP shirts and for some reason they all rang up at half price which actually makes them reasonable (purchased at Mickey's Star Traders).
Monday back to EPCOT for final catch-up on missed stuff and to the airport for 7:00 pm flight.
All in All it was a typical December trip, a bit disapointing at CSR for room type and cleaning but other than that mostly positive experience.
We did see quite a few cheerleaders at CSR, no issues they all were polite and as well behaved as teens can be. No signs of Pop Warner anywhere except MK on Saturday night, no issues.
I did like the preferred viewing for Illuminations and really enjoyed the half priced MVMCP merchandise.
we also got up way early on Frdiay to go to Annula Passholder discount shopping at World of Disney, decent sales and free "vinalmation" mickey for first 1000. Very crowded but again no change from our last years experience.

An added note, we were pleasantly surprised when renewing AP, we visited in May with 4/7 night offer and got Meal Plan which required purchasing one day admission for each of us. We got full credit for the admission ($70 plus each with tax) towards our renewal whic also is for 15 months. I thought once we used our card for meal it might have activated the admission ticket, glad we keep our room keys!!!
Makes sense that since we did not use it to enter a park it held its value, just never thought of it.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter