Annoyed by crowds for MVMCP

Josh'sDad1974

Mouseketeer
You know I got to thinking today as magic kingdom began to fill with people there to attend MVMCP that it really isn't fair that they can get in the parks after 4 pm when I as a non-party ticket holder have to leave by 7 pm. The party people should be held back like a second rope drop as to not fill up ride lines for regular day folks. Then @ 7 pm the rope drops and there is a mad dash just like mornings for regular day folks. Just my little rant and I understand the logistics of it but just don't think it is fair!

So why not skip going to Magic Kingdom on a party day if you feel that you're wasting a day's ticket. Or, skip going to Magic Kingdom and just buy a ticket to the party... have a pool day until 4:00 PM and then go to the party, have an early dinner there & then enjoy the party. That's what a lot of those people arriving at 4:00 PM are doing.

The lines are really short for the rides during the party.

Plus you get to see an awesome parade and characters that are not usually out.

People pay a lot of money for those tickets, no reason not to let them in before the party time. If they waited until actual party time they'd have 25,000 people all trying to get in at the same time, getting wrist bands...all while they're trying to put on a parade an hour later...the crowd wouldn't even all be processed and into the park before the main festivities begins at the party.

I remember being one of those people in MK with a regular day ticket and a party ticket. I thought we should be the only ones allowed in between 4 and 7. :cool1:

If Disney wanted to they could just simply state the party start time to occur sooner if it was that much of a problem. They obviously want MNSSHP and MVMCP to sound as enticing as possible.

Sorry but saw a ton of party wrist bands in line for rides between 4 pm & 7 pm. Also lined along Main Street hindering the flow of traffic out of the park. Hey I said I understand the logistics of why they let people in early but maybe Disney should limit party people with party wristbands from riding rides until 7 pm. That would seem fair to me.

I would probably avoid MK during the day if a party is scheduled for later that night. Although, a great plan would be to buy a ticket for the party and just do the rides because very few people go on the rides during the parties. We went to the Halloween party last year and we went on a bunch of rides with zero wait time. It was awesome!

You realize many MVMCP guests also have park tickets and would be entitled to be in the park from 4-7 anyway.

That would involve a lot of checking. I am going to the party but also going to MK in the morning, early afternoon. They would have check every single person before going on a ride as some guests had day park admission or had park hoppers and came to MK from another park.

DavidNYC said:
You realize many MVMCP guests also have park tickets and would be entitled to be in the park from 4-7 anyway.

That is very true. We paid for the park ticket and the MNSSHP ticket so we could be there the entire day and evening.

I can't help but laugh at the title of the post. Seriously, if you are annoyed by crowds and describe them as unfair, you may want to rethink vacationing at DW.

I remember being one of those people in MK with a regular day ticket and a party ticket. I thought we should be the only ones allowed in between 4 and 7. :cool1:

That is very true. We paid for the park ticket and the MNSSHP ticket so we could be there the entire day and evening.

Yep...I did it too one year. Used a regular day ticket and a MVMCP ticket on the same day so I could be in the park all day. I had a hard to get ADR earlier in the day and using just a party ticket wouldn't have gotten me in in time.

Back in the day they used to close the park, empty it and then refill it with party guests. That means your day would be cut even shorter. They would start ushering you out at 5:30. Is that better?

We always pick the MK whenever they are having a party that night. Keeps the crowds real low.

I see you guys points now. The thought just crossed my mind tonight. I knew the posters here would set me straight!

We also plan to spend the day at MK and attend the party. It seems easier.

I see you guys points now. The thought just crossed my mind tonight. I knew the posters here would set me straight!

So, to summarize, Disney magic is zero-sum. Pay for five hours, get 8; pay for all day, and get thrown out at 7.

We were in MK yesterday and it was great. Walked onto everything the first few hours and no lines over 20mins, except at the mountains, the rest of the day. But we left at 5 for ADRs at the Poly.

We love the low crowd of party days but do them enough to either book a 6pm CP dinner so we walk out after the incoming crowds have thinned and the snow is falling on Main st. or we take the train to the front to avoid swimming against the tide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter