• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Announcment on the Wonder Wednesday

But wouldn't sailing out of Miami make it very difficult to do a land and sea vacation?

From the ship sailing out of Miami yes, but the Dream is going to be doing 3 and 4 day sailings out of PC all year long. The Fantasy will be sailing out of PC every saturday for eastern/western caribbean runs.

We love having a ship on the west coast. Don't take her away..... Pretty please.

I feel the same. I don't understand why Florida needs another ship, they have the 2 nicest ones already! :( Please leave us the wonder, I want to make this an annual vacation!

Why not some 3 day LA to Cabo trips?

In one of the many 2013 threads, someone posted options in a recent DCL survey. It included 4 day out of LA - (Catalina, San Diego, Ensenada, LA) and a 5 day out of LA (LA, Cabo, LA). Obviously no guarantees but those were a couple of the options in the DCL survey.

This post may run long, so let me apologize in advance. First off as a west coaster I am saddened that it looks like we are losing the ship for a bit. That being said, they can still do Miami cruises in the winter with the Magic before sending her to Eroupe. This would be cheeper for DCL to do than pay a Panama Canal fee. So maybe the Wonder may stick around and try out new 3/4/5 night cruises out of Los Angeles. Second my thoughts on cruises on DCL from Miami. Now given we don't know the interaries yet, I will say this. If it is the same ole caribean cruises they do, it is a stupid move. I'd rather fly to MCO and spend time at WDW then take the hour drive to PC. Now on the other hand if they do more exotic cruises to the south that may be a great thing. I guess we will know all on Wed.

We love having a ship on the west coast. Don't take her away..... Pretty please.

We live in Hawaii and were so excited to be able to sail out of LA!! We sailed on the Inaugural West Coast Repo and the Inaugural Alaska! We are hoping to do more west coast cruises on the Wonder!! Ditto!! Karen and Ron

I posted the itineraries from the survey. Here is a link to the post:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43734844&postcount=63

There are still a number of itineraries for the West Coast in the list.

Thanks!

What caught my attention was the 5 day LA-Cabo-LA option. It would be interesting to see how a cruise like this would be received. Two days at sea, one day at a port and two more days at sea. Considering the trip to and from Cabo is relatively cold and windy and the ship was really rocking and rolling, I can't see that option selling well.

Either way, it doesn't look like the Wonder will be in LA during any school holidays. Winter Break, Presidents' Week and Spring Break the ship will be in the Caribean and summer vacation the ship will be in Alaska. :sad:

If Mexico wasnt so bad with the violence problems, Disney would have done better. They came at the wrong time. If they had moved Wonder out west a few years earlier things would have turned out better.

So on Wednesday where will we actually see the itineraries do we can start picking and planning?

i wish they would stay in LA with the wonder and do two week hawaii runs. also the wonder is sailing out of seatle for the alaskan cruises next year, why go back to vancouver in 2013? One of the reasons they are going out of seatle is because it's really expensive and difficult to get to vancouver. much easier to fly to seatle. I have done it. If you sail to hawaii, you only have to stop in a foreign port for a few hours. I did a round trip alaskan sailing on princess several years ago and we stopped off in victoria for all of 4 hours. Barely time to get off the ship. Another option would be to send the wonder to some exotic port like australia or even japan or china for the winter. Honestly florida doens't need all four ships here.

i wish they would stay in LA with the wonder and do two week hawaii runs. also the wonder is sailing out of seatle for the alaskan cruises next year, why go back to vancouver in 2013? One of the reasons they are going out of seatle is because it's really expensive and difficult to get to vancouver. much easier to fly to seatle. I have done it. If you sail to hawaii, you only have to stop in a foreign port for a few hours. I did a round trip alaskan sailing on princess several years ago and we stopped off in victoria for all of 4 hours. Barely time to get off the ship. Another option would be to send the wonder to some exotic port like australia or even japan or china for the winter. Honestly florida doens't need all four ships here.

I believe they are going back to Vancouver so they CAN do one ways between Hawaii and Vancouver as this would not be allowed between Hawaii and Seatle due to the laws about one way transportation by non American flagged ships between two US ports without a distant foreign port of call. Sorry I forget the correct name of the specific act.

Mel
x

Come on east coast people, cant us West Coast people have a ship too? Why are you being so greedy? :sad2:

As long as there is an LA to vancouver repo somewhere in there, I should be able to swing a trip. Alaska is just out of my price range for the next few years.

I feel the same. I don't understand why Florida needs another ship, they have the 2 nicest ones already! :( Please leave us the wonder, I want to make this an annual vacation!

If the announcement is indeed that the Wonder is moving to Miami, maybe we should go Occupy the Port in protest. As I mentioned in another thread, Florida currently hosts a whopping 64 ships full time. The whole west coast has 6 (not counting the Wonder), all of which are owned by Carnival Corp. We lost NCL. We lost RCI. And now, it looks like we'll lose DCL too.

This post may run long, so let me apologize in advance. First off as a west coaster I am saddened that it looks like we our losing the ship for a bit. That being said, they can still do Miami cruises in the winter with the Magic before sending her to Eroupe. This would be cheeper for DCL to do than pay a Panama Canal fee. So maybe tge Wonder may stick around and try out new 3/4/5 night cruises out if Los Angeles. Second my thoughts on cruises on DCL from Miami. Now given we don't know the interaries yet, I will say this. If it is the same ole caribean cruises they do, it is a stupid move. I'd rather fly to MCO and spend time at WDW then take the hour drive to PC. Now on the other hand if they do more exotic cruises to the south that may be a great thing. I guess we will know all on Wed.

I think the 3/4/5 itineraries would be a great option! And I couldn't agree with you more. Maybe we'll be surprised and you'll be right, that it's the Magic going to Miami instead.

i wish they would stay in LA with the wonder and do two week hawaii runs.

I like this idea. I said the same thing myself the other day. The Golden Princess does this successfully, and with the popularity of the 2 DCL sailings, I expect it would continue to be very popular.

ClubDis I hope I may be right but I honestly doubt it. Still something maybe happening that we have not guessed here. I could swear that if DCL leaves before Jan 1,2013 they would be in violation of their contract with the Port of Los Angeles, add that to a canal fee, that's a lot of $$$$ billed to DCL. I am no expert in contracts so I am grasping at straws here. I guess just hoping we don't lose the Wonder here in L.A. but I am ready to hear she is leaving if that is indead the case.

It usually costs more to fly to Vancouver than to Seattle, but it isn't difficult to get to Vancouver - even from Seattle. Roundtrip Alaska itineraries from Vancouver are usually better than from Seattle (no Canada stop required), and there is the option to do one-way Alaska cruises from Vancouver that can't be done from Seattle.

I'm sorry many on the west coast are disappointed about the probability of losing the Wonder for awhile. Now you know what it's like to not live near any home ports!

Well I just looked at a thread that is following the DCL Twitter account. They are posting photos clues. The second photo looks like some type of Hawaiian/Polyanesian statue to me. The first one could be anywhere tropical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter